Hello, I've been using Autodesk Sketchbook Free version on my SP4 tablet. I loved it for its pen capabilities and I didn't mind the free version limitations.

Anyway, recently I was forced to update to the new Autodesk Sketchbook Win10 version and free layers are gone! And that's something I really need, even if it's drawing just for fun.

What are the best alternatives? I have Photoshop because of work, but it's not exactly the most convenient drawing app, especially if you want to have fun.
    07-09-2017 11:01 AM
    Hello, I've been using Autodesk Sketchbook Free version on my SP4 tablet. I loved it for its pen capabilities and I didn't mind the free version limitations.

Anyway, recently I was forced to update to the new Autodesk Sketchbook Win10 version and free layers are gone! And that's something I really need, even if it's drawing just for fun.

What are the best alternatives? I have Photoshop because of work, but it's not exactly the most convenient drawing app, especially if you want to have fun.
    Sketchable is a really nice app, and it doesn't cost much to upgrade to the Pro version. It's free for the base app which involves a ton of basic features. My girlfriend is an artist and she loves using it. It's more of a comic book format (pages and such) but it's still a very well-rounded app. And it has Surface Dial support.
    Scienceguy Labs likes this.
    07-09-2017 11:42 AM
    Sketchable is a really nice app, and it doesn't cost much to upgrade to the Pro version. It's free for the base app which involves a ton of basic features. My girlfriend is an artist and she loves using it. It's more of a comic book format (pages and such) but it's still a very well-rounded app. And it has Surface Dial support.
    I agree it's great, but it's a heavy tool for my needs. If I was an artist, I'd go for it, but I open the app once in a month for a few hours.
    07-09-2017 05:23 PM
    I agree it's great, but it's a heavy tool for my needs. If I was an artist, I'd go for it, but I open the app once in a month for a few hours.
    Have you tried just 3D Paint?
    07-10-2017 11:17 AM
    Have you tried just 3D Paint?
    Good point! I'll give it a shot
    07-11-2017 01:25 PM