The best Sketchbook alternatives

anon(10237065)

May 12, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I've been using Autodesk Sketchbook Free version on my SP4 tablet. I loved it for its pen capabilities and I didn't mind the free version limitations.

Anyway, recently I was forced to update to the new Autodesk Sketchbook Win10 version and free layers are gone! And that's something I really need, even if it's drawing just for fun.

What are the best alternatives? I have Photoshop because of work, but it's not exactly the most convenient drawing app, especially if you want to have fun.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Hello, I've been using Autodesk Sketchbook Free version on my SP4 tablet. I loved it for its pen capabilities and I didn't mind the free version limitations.

Anyway, recently I was forced to update to the new Autodesk Sketchbook Win10 version and free layers are gone! And that's something I really need, even if it's drawing just for fun.

What are the best alternatives? I have Photoshop because of work, but it's not exactly the most convenient drawing app, especially if you want to have fun.

Sketchable is a really nice app, and it doesn't cost much to upgrade to the Pro version. It's free for the base app which involves a ton of basic features. My girlfriend is an artist and she loves using it. It's more of a comic book format (pages and such) but it's still a very well-rounded app. And it has Surface Dial support.

anon(10237065)

May 12, 2017
Visit site
Sketchable is a really nice app, and it doesn't cost much to upgrade to the Pro version. It's free for the base app which involves a ton of basic features. My girlfriend is an artist and she loves using it. It's more of a comic book format (pages and such) but it's still a very well-rounded app. And it has Surface Dial support.

I agree it's great, but it's a heavy tool for my needs. If I was an artist, I'd go for it, but I open the app once in a month for a few hours.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo