Some apps requiring Directx 9 in store

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I cant download any of these apps, like Facebook Beta. I HAD it installed at one point, but uninstalled it. Now I cant reinstall it, what gives? Downloaded and installed the DX9 runtime, rebooted, still says I don't have it.

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
DirectX runtime should not be needed for any Windows Store apps. The whole idea of Store apps is that they include all dependencies so you don't have to install anything else.

DirectX is also mostly just for games, non-game apps don't even have full access to the DirectX APIs. As far as I know, only desktop apps (Steam/Origin/disc games) and Xbox games (play anywhere) can fully use DirectX.

What's the actual error you get, and when exactly are you seeing it?

Last edited:

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I get what you are saying, but if you go to the app I referenced in the store, on PC, there is clearly a requirement for DirectX 9. So I'm not sure where your information came from. Capture1.JPG

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Oh, that's hardware requirements, not software.

If its showing unsupported there, your GPU does not support DX9, or needs an updated driver to support it.

I would recommend getting the driver direct from the manufacturer, so Nvidia, AMD, or Intel (depending on what GPU you have in your computer).

If you're not sure, type dxdiag into Cortana and press enter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss