Spotify app on Windows 10 Mobile won't start

blackprince

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Well I was not impressed with Microsoft shuttering Groove and moving everyone to Spotify and now this issue makes things worse. Did my migration from my PC today and then installed the app on my phone (Alcatel Idol 4s). Now I am getting the error message 'The audio could not be started. Please restart the application'. I have restarted the app multiple times to get the same message and tried a soft reset. Has anyone been able to rectify this issue if they are having it?

Big boo to Nadella and company for foisting us on Spotify with their messy app experience. The PC app is not UWP and is so busy and not clean or simple at all. Plus you can't sort your music via genre, what a disaster this has been so far.

cdn_wm_user

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I've been having the same issue on my PC (HP Z440) and my phone (HP Elite x3). Rebooted my phone multiple times & only fixes it temporarily. When it does work it's sluggish & sound quality is awful compared to Groove. I canceled Spotify. I'm not paying for an app that barely works.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
seriously, I can't BELEIVE MS is recommending people to go use them! I dropped Spotify and use slacker radio, works great and they have better stuff, the only things sucks is you can't use the free version, and gotta pay 4 bucks minimum a month, or even get better stuff and pay premium for 9.99/month

krs4444

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Same issues here (Lumia 950). Sometimes I get 'could not start audio' error and sometime tracks does not load. As you guys suggest, restarting phone fixes issue(s) temporarily.
Spotify on WM is just mess. When I start Groove I feel smoothness and I feel comfortable hitting Play button, browsing through collection, etc. :love: compared to Spotify.
Currently paying for Spotify but I'm planning switch to Deezer maybe...such shame Spotify :eck:

Riopato

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Would be nice if the groove app can stream any music services since no since none of the major services knows how to make apps that work correctly on windows 10 mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos