Where are Groove Pass subscribers going?

James Auman

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I just finished cancelling all my Groove Passes (i had three, one for me, my wife and my daughter). I just bought a Spotify family membership (that's one nice thing about the move). I will say that Spotify app isn't nearly as responsive or powerful as the Groove app. It would be nice if Microsoft would just give Spotify the Groove app and let Spotify place it in front of their music database/collection. I don't care who is hosting the music on the back-end. I just want the front-end/end-user experience i have grown to love with Groove (which for a while stunk as XBOX Music, but got much better). Also, i want to be able to build a playlist of songs i own and songs i save in Spotify. Groove would be better for that.

What are others doing as they cancel their Groove pass subscriptions?

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I too went to Spotify and their app isn't as good as Groove. I'm still in the free trial period but not sure I'm sticking around. On WP there is no way to have Spotify save the downloaded songs to an SD card. On the Android app there is.

Larry Grouse

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I am also trying Spotify and the experience has been trying to say the least. Not a big fan of the layout of the mobile app but being able to download music for offline use is nice. The main problem I have is that playback over Bluetooth is very choppy even with music stored on my phone. As this is the predominate way I listen to my music, this is probably going to be a deal breaker and push me off of WP for good.

OmegaPrime85

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
I went to Apple Music since I have an iPhone and MacBook. I hate the Spotify app.
I really liked the groove app. I had an annual pass for it :/
The nice thing with the annual pass was the 100gb of one drive space that also came with it.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Ripping all my CD's to .flac and enjoying far better quality than Groove, using VLC but still on the lookout for a better music player that works on Xbox One, PC and mobile.

anon(10324754)

Sep 24, 2017
Visit site
Same. Going back to ripping CDs. I feel like I've gone back in time. But I still want to utilise Groove, OneDrive and will start using my 950 again for this. I've had enough of my bull**** Android phone after only two months. Zac is talking out his *** if he thinks the experience is comparable.

I will, however, use Spotify if a real partnership with MSFT, that means Groove, is created.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans