New Outlook.com Sucks!!!! Big Time!!!!

Roy Corneloues

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
If you have an MSA that is not using an outlook.com, Hotmail.com, etc. email address, then you will now get an error when trying to log in to Outlook.com.

The answer is to switch to (assuming you have one) an alias that is from one of the supported Microsoft domains.

Once you've done that, you'll be back in business. However...

It appears you can no longer set your own email address as your outbound "from" address. It also appears that all the settings for collecting remote email via POP3 or IMAP have vanished!

Outlook.com can no longer be used to bring all your email to one place. You can no longer use Outlook as your aggregator and choose which address you want to be identified by!

For as long as I've had my MSA and subsequently my O365 Home subscription, I've always been able to maintain my own identity within the Microsoft ecosystem - those days, it appears, are over!

I'm also hearing that Outlook Premium is being cancelled. That backs up the above as Premium was a great way to use your personal domain for 5 email addresses via Outlook.com.

You can no longer sign up for Outlook Premium and it appears that, unless you want to be forever known by an @outlook.com address, you're gonna have to start looking elsewhere for email hosting!

Thanks Microsoft!

Ecm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm also hearing that Outlook Premium is being cancelled. That backs up the above as Premium was a great way to use your personal domain for 5 email addresses via Outlook.com.

You can no longer sign up for Outlook Premium and it appears that, unless you want to be forever known by an @outlook.com address, you're gonna have to start looking elsewhere for email hosting!

Where did you read that? I just renewed both of my Outlook.com Premium accounts, one of which includes my personal domain. And, these two accounts are still pulling in messages from 3 Gmail accounts. I just checked -- nothing is missing.

digitaldd

May 16, 2016
Visit site
all i know about the new outlook is the amount of spam I actually see that doesn't get sorted as junk has multiplied tenfold. I have to manually select and these are emails with the same exact subjects every day and move them to junk. where is this machine learning everyone is talking about?

OmegaPrime85

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
Where did you read that? I just renewed both of my Outlook.com Premium accounts, one of which includes my personal domain. And, these two accounts are still pulling in messages from 3 Gmail accounts. I just checked -- nothing is missing.

Yeah outlook premium is done. They are not taking new subscriptions but letting existing subscribers continue to use it.

I use premium too and won’t give it up until forced to. Haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster