Groove - what will I lose when music pass stops? And when?

Paul Foulkes

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I have been going through Groove to identify what tracks I 'own' and what is subscribed.
Am I right in thinking that if it says 'music pass' I will lose access to that track when the music pass finishes? Conversely, if it says 'onedrive' that will remain but only be playable via Groove(as a player) as Spotify cannot access Onedrive tracks?

With tracks that say 'musicpass' I have clicked 'download' and it says it is already on the device. But I assume they are DRM protected so will not be available.

When does the music pass come to an end? I think I'll just transfer over to Spotify ( hopefully onedrive integration will come at sometime)

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
That is correct, you lose any that say Music Pass. Any that say Purchased, should be downloaded and saved to OneDrive to continue streaming them. The OneDrive ones can still be streamed, but only through Groove apps.

Unless most of your content is only on Music Pass, there is no reason to switch to Spotify. Groove is not losing any features or functionality besides that.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Purchased, should be downloaded and saved to OneDrive to continue streaming them. The OneDrive ones can still be streamed, but only through Groove apps.
And FWIW if the app goes away, the files do not appear to have DRM. I copied all mine to my PCs and phones and they play with any player.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6