Did Microsoft quietly turn off OneDrive streaming in Groove for W10M?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if MS quietly turned off OneDrive music Streaming in Groove for Windows Phone? I created a music folder in OneDrive, put my music in it but Groove on my HP Elite X3, after I sign in, fails to see it.

It doesn't even try to sync. Granted, there is 149.55GB of music to sift through which may take time, but the OneDrive app can see it all and I can use the OneDrive app to play individual songs through Groove on my HP Elite X3, it's just that Groove itself does nothing.

It used to all work fine.

Can you force Groove on W10M to manually sync from OneDrive? The option to reset the Groove music app (Settings > Apps & Features > Groove Music) is always greyed out and cannot be selected so I am not sure what to do?

Thanks.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Working fine for me on Xbox, mobile, PC, and Forza Horizon 3.

To resync, exit the app (fully close it from task view) and reopen it. That should trigger the sync. It might take a few minutes before it starts.

Also there is a limit of 50k songs, and not all formats work: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3080138/groove-and-onedrive-faq

On Groove for Desktop I can tell it to look in the Music folder of my OneDrive and it will start syncing everything. My W10M phone (HP Elite X3) just sits there and does nothing. There is no way to reset the W10M app either. It is on my W10M that it doesn't seem to work anymore.

jeffchapik

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
It still works from my L650. But on my Xbox One, none of the music I purchased from the Store is playable. It either says the rights have been removed, or it doesn't show up at all. It's all still there on my phone though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12