[New UWP App] Videotape

villagralabs

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Hi all,
Due to I didn't like the UI and usability of the current media players in Windows I decided to create my own:

Videotape
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...otape%2F9nlvh2ll4p1z%3Frtc%3D1&token=lu3UcORX

It's a pretty simple & fast player completely focused on the video experience:

videotapescreenshot.jpg

It support pretty much every format out there, picture and picture, subtitles, multiple audio tracks, optimized for desktop & tablet mouse via responsive design, nice animations throughout the app....

Please, give it a try and let me know what you think, I'm still working hard on it to bring more and more features. Thanks!

PS: I work as a 100% UWP developer and this is a personal project where I'm investing a lot of my free time...

villagralabs

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
There is a new update in the Store v: 1.0.21
The app now remembers your audio/subtitle preferences, so, next time you open a video file with multiple audio tracks of subtitles the player will automatically choose the correct track based on your previous selections.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi, so I started to reply by saying that I don't watch many vids and I probably wouldn't use it, but I wanted to give this a shot. So I caved and downloaded it. However it crashes at the splash screen :/ Downloaded on my laptop if that helps

villagralabs

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Oh no... I see in the crash reports just one crash so that might be yours, but unfortunately there is no data related to it, you probably have the Diagnostic data turned off, right? (Settings => privacy => diagnostic & data).
Could you enable that setting and run the app a few times so hopefully I can see where is crashing for you?
I'll keep investigating and I'll try with a few more machines meanwhile...
Thanks!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
It was set to basic. Changed it to full and ran the app 3 or 4 times. Still crashes at the splash screen. Hope it helps :)

villagralabs

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
I think I found something... can you check if your version of windows is Windows 10 Home N or Windows 10 Pro N (settings => system => about)?

Thanks!

villagralabs

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Videotape 1.0.25 is now available in the store to fix the crashing bug when running on a Windows 10 N edition machine without the media extensions installed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99