Microsoft ToDo, vs MS Launcher Reminders, vs Cortana ToDo, vs OUtlook Tasks

upsidedown

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
The title alone suggests the confusion that exists across the MS product set. And I haven't even included Wunderlist.

From What I understand:

MS Launcher for Android - If I use Launcher Cortana to add a reminder it goes into a category on the Launcher page called Todo. It does not sync to MS Todo. It does not get included in Outlook.com tasks. On the standard Cortana for Android app it looks like a Reminder even though it is labelled in the ToDo category in MS Launcher for Android.

You can try all sorts of different combinations but it seems to me that:

MS Launcher Cortana ToDos should be relabeled Reminders. Then it matches the description in Cortana standalone app. Then they should sync with MS ToDo, and by design Outlook tasks.

I would like to hear about other experiences and if they see the same confusion across this product group.

Thanks

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
The title alone suggests the confusion that exists across the MS product set. And I haven't even included Wunderlist.

From What I understand:

MS Launcher for Android - If I use Launcher Cortana to add a reminder it goes into a category on the Launcher page called Todo. It does not sync to MS Todo. It does not get included in Outlook.com tasks. On the standard Cortana for Android app it looks like a Reminder even though it is labelled in the ToDo category in MS Launcher for Android.

You can try all sorts of different combinations but it seems to me that:

MS Launcher Cortana ToDos should be relabeled Reminders. Then it matches the description in Cortana standalone app. Then they should sync with MS ToDo, and by design Outlook tasks.

I would like to hear about other experiences and if they see the same confusion across this product group.

Thanks
I totally agree with you. Too many different products doing the exact same thing....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05