How to use the Groove Music Android app after December 1st, 2018.

TheMelonOfWater

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I switched from Windows Phone to Android, I have used the Groove Music Android app. It is very nice because I also use the app on my Windows 10 computer. I have all my songs on OneDrive and I create playlists in Groove Music that sync across my Android phone, Windows 10 computer, Xbox, my old Windows 10 phone, and even my old Windows Phone 8.1 phone under the name Xbox Music.

Microsoft released an update to the Groove Music Android app on May 31st, 2018 along with a message that development of the Android and iOS apps has ended and that the apps would stop working on December 1st.

As a test, I only installed that update on one of my two Android phones. Since it is now December 1st, here are the results...

Groove Music no longer works on the Android phone with the May 2018 update installed (version 12.0529.1719)
Groove Music STILL WORKS on the Android phone WITHOUT the May 2018 update installed (version 11.1121.1630). I can stream music from OneDrive, create playlists, and do everything I was able to do before.

If anybody still wants to use Groove Music on Android, just find version 11.1121.1630 of the apk online and install that (or an older version).

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Ever since I switched from Windows Phone to Android, I have used the Groove Music Android app. It is very nice because I also use the app on my Windows 10 computer. I have all my songs on OneDrive and I create playlists in Groove Music that sync across my Android phone, Windows 10 computer, Xbox, my old Windows 10 phone, and even my old Windows Phone 8.1 phone under the name Xbox Music.

Microsoft released an update to the Groove Music Android app on May 31st, 2018 along with a message that development of the Android and iOS apps has ended and that the apps would stop working on December 1st.

As a test, I only installed that update on one of my two Android phones. Since it is now December 1st, here are the results...

Groove Music no longer works on the Android phone with the May 2018 update installed (version 12.0529.1719)
Groove Music STILL WORKS on the Android phone WITHOUT the May 2018 update installed (version 11.1121.1630). I can stream music from OneDrive, create playlists, and do everything I was able to do before.

If anybody still wants to use Groove Music on Android, just find version 11.1121.1630 of the apk online and install that (or an older version).

I was just about to post about this too. I just installed Groove on my Android phone, via the APK, and it seems to work without any issue still. I can stream music from OneDrive, and that's enough for me.

The version number I have is 11.1121.1632.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786