How to not lose old email when upgrading to Office 365

solouser

Aug 17, 2020
Visit site
I've run various versions of Office for a long time. Currently on Office 2013. I have lots of mail, calendars, etc in Outlook on my PC as personal data files, in addition to what is kept online. (Google accounts)
I'm ready to move to Office 365 if I can find a way to drag my history with me.
My searches on Microsoft have led to a lot of information for system managers and admins, but not for a single desktop user.
Can someone point me to advice for my situation, please.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I've run various versions of Office for a long time. Currently on Office 2013. I have lots of mail, calendars, etc in Outlook on my PC as personal data files, in addition to what is kept online. (Google accounts)
I'm ready to move to Office 365 if I can find a way to drag my history with me.
My searches on Microsoft have led to a lot of information for system managers and admins, but not for a single desktop user.
Can someone point me to advice for my situation, please.

The subject just mentions emails. Not sure about calendars and you didn't mention if your email is Pop or IMAP, but one free solution for either is Mailstore. It can archive all email from most email systems, including the ones you mentioned. Been using it for years. And it even has the capability to restore emails back into the same folder names in any of those systems after you switch (never needed or used myself). If some of your emails are in PST files on a PC, just open those files with the Microsoft 365 Outlook after you switch (and move them to new folders if desired).

It can be installed portable. The free version is limited to 3 email accounts per "installation" but can be installed multiple times in different folders and each can process 3 email accounts.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)