Can I delete apps and other stuff on my child's microsoft/windows 10 account?

Manda Lund

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
I just got my son a laptop for school. I got it all set up using my info for the administrator account. Then I set up an account for my son with the microsoft family features. So here is my question...

If I'm on my son's account and I delete certain apps, programs, etc will that delete them off tha laptop completely? Or will it just delete them off his account?

There are certain apps and programs that I want to keep on my account/administrator account that I don't want showing up on my son's account when he logs in.

I don't want to delete things when I'm logged into his account until I know for sure that it isn't going to permanently delete them off the laptop all together. I hope I explained this well and really hope someone can give me an answer. Thanks in advance :)

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I just got my son a laptop for school. I got it all set up using my info for the administrator account. Then I set up an account for my son with the microsoft family features. So here is my question...

If I'm on my son's account and I delete certain apps, programs, etc will that delete them off tha laptop completely? Or will it just delete them off his account?

There are certain apps and programs that I want to keep on my account/administrator account that I don't want showing up on my son's account when he logs in.

I don't want to delete things when I'm logged into his account until I know for sure that it isn't going to permanently delete them off the laptop all together. I hope I explained this well and really hope someone can give me an answer. Thanks in advance :)

It will delete the apps off your son's account as all the apps effectively go into designated cache for each user. Which means all app installs go into the designated cache when installed from the store and cannot be shared (there are work arounds - however, you're effectively sharing app logins across multiple users which will cause issues if multiple people have their own app / service accounts).

Also, does the laptop run Windows 10 Home or Pro? I presume it runs Windows 10 Home?

You can also choose to limit app installs from the store it self via the settings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo