Preorders are now LIVEfor all of the new Surface devicesfor Fall 2021

So is Windows Defender with Free version of Malwarebytes good enough or a paid AV? I was recommended the Webroot Complete package but I m noticing mixed reviews. What do you think?
    03-04-2021 01:48 PM
    I have used the defender/malwarebytes combo for years without any issues. You will find recommendations be all over the place since everyone has their own favorites. In addition you will find mixed reviews on every single protection utility there is - depending where you look. In the past, stayed away from packages since they tend to use computer resources slowing older computers and low end computers down. IMO, they have a lot of unnecessary bells and whistles. The only thing I would add to the defender/malwarebytes package is a good ad blocker for your browsers and practice safe surfin. Nothing will prevent a click on the wrong link at the wrong time.
    03-04-2021 06:08 PM
    I have never used Defender, so I can't tell you anything about this. I know that Webroot is pretty good and protects your data very well. You can try. I didn't use antivirus for a while because I thought it wasn't necessary and that everything was secure on the computer. Lol, how to be secured without an antivirus? After a very unpleasant situation when someone hacked my computer, I understood that installing an antivirus must be a must-have for everyone. I use Norton 360 Antivirus. I am impressed that it includes add-ons like Password Manager and VPN. I have not seen other antiviruses to include. If you would like to install this, you can read more Norton 360 antivirus reviews.
    Last edited by christense; 09-04-2021 at 10:44 AM.
    08-31-2021 10:01 AM