Do we need an Antivirus in Windows 11?

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
I request all the fellow forum members to suggest according to their experiences... I have tried Avast Premium Security and Malwarebytes both works fine but Malwarebytes stay heavy on system and slower the startup of the pc. I feel Avast more light and using low resources on Windows 11 PC.

Share your Antivirus experiences with Windows 11.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm not on Win11 yet, but just an FYI about the software you mention... Malwarebytes isn't an antivirus, but an anti-malware application. Most enterprise groups run that service along side a security suite to cover both malware and antivirus detection. I've been running Malwarebytes along with Windows Security for antivirus for a few years after having moved away from Kaperski, Avast, and others. Interestingly, the company I work for (large, multinational) just switched from a subscription Antivirus app over to running Windows Security along side Malwarebytes. In the end, I don't think Win11 changes those end-requirements/needs for protection, but will be interesting to see the direction people go over the next few months.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss