Should I get one of these?

Smokexz

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
This is a tough decision. Any help?

Engaged said something about the viewing angles and contrast but I am getting that thing, the speakers are well placed and the screen is so big and to tell you the truth it still looks extremely nice.
What other device are you considering? If you are considering the Surround just choose the HD7, the surround is so big and the speakers kinda suck, when you slide it in the sound it muffled. HD7 is essentially the best Widows Phone 7 device by HTC, at leasi.t in my opinion

Guy_serious

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
I get mine on friday from amazon.

MobileTechReview and Gizmodo both don't seem to like this phone. I rack that up in part to a reviewer's obsession with extreme top end hardware. The hd2 hardware is nearly a year old and were treating it like the commodore 64 lol.

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
i got mine last tuesday and love it.

one thing i'd like to clear up though is the grills at the top and bottom are not stereo speakers, as some have speculated before. the mono speaker is loud and sounds great though.

as to anyone thinking about getting it, there's a few things you should know. the phone is heavy and takes some time to get use to because of its weight. also, the battery life on the HD7 is probably the worse of the entire selection of launch phones. that said, i still think it's the best phone of the bunch, even if it can't hold a charge for too long. the focus is much much lighter but has a cheaper feel and is only 8gb compared to the HD7's 16gb.

intrinsc

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
I got mine today and love the operating system and the hardware. I do wish that the speakers adorning the top and bottom of the screen were functional.

Guy_serious

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
GET IT! its the flagship phone for a reason

Microsoft seems more keen on having the at&t WP7 phones be their flagships "The surround in particular for some strange reason as its the only phone i see consistently in their commercials"

I'm bummed tmobile hasn't hit the pavement with the advertisements on this one, in lu for a ugly looking 4g (not so 4g ;-) android device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire