Gadget Freak

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

Has anyone tried to see if there is a way to add personal ringtones?
I have tried adding mp3s to the phone, but don't seem to be able to find them in the ringtones directory.

Thanks

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
No, I haven't tried. Custom ringtones are a no-go right now. There's actually Microsoft documentation that suggests that ringtones can be purchased from the Marketplace but from what I've read, people who have bought them still can't apply them as ringtones. There are also rumors that adding ringtones might be part of the next update, which makes sense because the current ringtones limitations are ridiculous and outdated.

When Microsoft updates the ringtone functionality, they better not try to restrict it to ringtones purchased from the Marketplace or the carrier. I hope they do the right thing and allow user-customized ringtones.

siradude

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I would assume that custom ringtones via music from zune would only be available to DRM-Free Music. Using DRM music for ringtones would open a whole new can of worms.

I make my own ringtones from extracted loops, so I would love to be able to use any standard format ie: wav\mp3\mp4\etc...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99