Wireless sync

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having problems getting this to work. I've followed the guide I found here, yet it does nothing. I will try it again overnight, but I was wondering was anyone else having issues.

P.S. I'm using a Samsung Focus.

subarunut

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
no issues here. I have my laptop turned on over night and when I stop using my focus over night and have it plugged into the charger by the time I wake up, it is all synced up :)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Still can't get this to work. They both on the same network, the zune software has logged my router, yet it does nothing. I wait for 15 minutes, nothing transfers.

EDIT:
Ok, so I guess you can only synch music. It put the album on my Focus, but not some photos.
EDIT:
So that album was already on my phone and I still can't this crap to work!!!!!! I think the next step is to remove the sync, tell Zune to forget the phone, and start at square one.

Last edited:

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Still can't get this to work. They both on the same network, the zune software has logged my router, yet it does nothing. I wait for 15 minutes, nothing transfers.

EDIT:
Ok, so I guess you can only synch music. It put the album on my Focus, but not some photos.
EDIT:
So that album was already on my phone and I still can't this crap to work!!!!!! I think the next step is to remove the sync, tell Zune to forget the phone, and start at square one.

Have the following conditions been met for at least 15 minutes on your phone?
battery level at medium
on ac power
no interaction with phone

Once wireless sync does start, you'll know because the phone will be visible as "connected" in the Zune desktop software - the phone will appear in the lower left corner and they'll be a phone tab along the top where quickplay, collection, marketplace and social are. Also, when you attempt to launch photos, music and videos, etc. on your phone, you'll instead see the "connected" status screen. Here's the official Microsoft help page on syncing.

As far as photos, I was just able to wirelessly sync a photo to my phone via manual drag and drop. You should check to to make sure that your sync groups are set up correctly if you want content to sync automatically.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but I thought the conditions had to be met for 10 minutes. I'm thinking something going on with my network. I'll get it working eventually.
Have the following conditions been met for at least 15 minutes on your phone?
battery level at medium
on ac power
no interaction with phone

Once wireless sync does start, you'll know because the phone will be visible as "connected" in the Zune desktop software - the phone will appear in the lower left corner and they'll be a phone tab along the top where quickplay, collection, marketplace and social are. Also, when you attempt to launch photos, music and videos, etc. on your phone, you'll instead see the "connected" status screen. Here's the official Microsoft help page on syncing.

As far as photos, I was just able to wirelessly sync a photo to my phone via manual drag and drop. You should check to to make sure that your sync groups are set up correctly if you want content to sync automatically.

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I vaguely remember reading something on Microsoft Social Answers forum about wireless syncing not playing nice with certain network configurations. Let me see if I can find the thread...

electricbopeep

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I think this is one of the threads that I remember reading on issues with network configuration. However, it doesn't seem like it would relate to your case because you're able to connect to your wireless network and maintain that connection.

I don't know what else could be causing the problem. :(

Hope you're able to get it working!

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Strange. I took the passcode screen lock and it worked. After 10 minutes I went to the music hub and saw "connecting". It then moved my songs over. Strange.

subarunut

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Just finished listening to the Zune Insider podcast from this last week today and they brought up this or a simular issue. Does the OP have a dual band wireless router and have the WP7 and computer on seperate bands? They said that they have to be on the same wireless band.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It's a dual band. IDK if they on the same band or not. I'll look into it more tonight.
Just finished listening to the Zune Insider podcast from this last week today and they brought up this or a simular issue. Does the OP have a dual band wireless router and have the WP7 and computer on seperate bands? They said that they have to be on the same wireless band.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro