Camera issue

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
Hi folks,
In reading all of the reviews, the camera for the focus got really good reviews, but I have been unable to take decent pictures. They all come out blurry and out of focus. Has anyone else had this problem?

Spyral

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
The camera on the Focus utilizes a two-step button. To take a good-quality picture you first need to lightly press down on the camera button. A small box will appear on the screen and the camera will begin to auto-focus. Once focus is achieved the phone will beep. You may then depress the camera button all the way to snap your pic.

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I was already aware of that. The image is clear on the screen before I take the picture, but the picture that is taken, isn't.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
When I had the Focus, I found that I had to max out all of the camera settings to get a good picture sometimes.

seaniccus

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
My camera always seems a little... "soft" or cloudy. I mean, it seems like an okay camera, but i have the same problems with the blurry.

It's weird, because apparently the omnia 7 takes fantastic pictures, and it's supposed to be the same hardware.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Not to start flame war or anything, but my Surround takes better pics in general compared to when I had the Focus. The Focus does have the advantage of more camera settings, but unfortunately it meant I had fiddle around with it more. Although, figuring out the correct settings can/will produce better pics than the Surround.

I think the difference in cameras are not in hardware, but software implementations. MS left it up to the manufactures, as seen when comparing the available settings between the Focus and Surround.

IamNabil

Dec 10, 2010
alanbar.us
I think you are rightm ninjaap. I did a factory reset on my phone (to install a memory card), and that improved the quality quite a bit. It's still not as good as the iphone 4 was, but I am almost certain it is all software.

NSH

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue with my focus. Pictures in artificial light are always blurry and a little out of Focus(pun intended). Pictures in natural daylight are pretty good.
Video is always good quality.

Since the video tends to come out pretty good I have to expect this is not a hardware issue, but a software one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb