does samsung focus store contacts on sim?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
sim , notice when u do a hard reset and u contacts are still there?

might be a way to save them to the phone as well considerign SIM only have room for like 250 contacts , ive seen people with over 1000 , so i think both might be possible.

default= SIM card

TiLoBrown

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure? Because I just put the sim in my old phone since I'm getting a new one sent to me and none of my contacts were there, the people in one store (had to go to 3....) even told me that I had to re-enter them by hand.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Im 99% sure , cause i did a hard reset on my phone and when it booted up it had all my contacs.

when u change ur sim from phone to phone 2 things can happen

1: the phone might simply not reconise them ( normaly happends with iphone)
2: you have to go to phone setting to have your Phone Pull up ur conttacs from SIM.

basicly u need to tell your phone `` hey i have contacts on SIm , GET THEM!!`` lol

most SIM phones have an Option for this int he Setings.

TiLoBrown

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I've looked everyone for the copy function on the focus and nothing. I know I could do it on the Duo, but when my new phone comes tomorrow (and it damn sure better or AT&T better be giving me money back) I think I'm screwed.

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Im 99% sure , cause i did a hard reset on my phone and when it booted up it had all my contacs.

WP7 backs your contacts up to "the cloud" (yer Windows Live ID) and restores them when you sign back into the phone for the first time after the hard reset.

If you log in to yer Windows Live ID through yer internet browser on yer computer, you'll see all of your contacts listed on there. That's where it's backing them up to and restoring them from.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I FOUND IT!!!!!!!!! how to Import from SIM , still dont know if u can Export to SIM doh.
1- go the the `` PEOPLE HUB ``
2- once there ,, click and HOLD on PEOPLE ( top of page )
3- a seting option will pop up ( click on it )
4- click on : Import SIM contacts

WOOT!!! DONE!!! wish it was more obvious ,

- id take a THANKS for this :p if u havent alredy figuered it out :p

the only issu with this is that Wp7 will NOT save to SIm only to Windows ID , BEcause they dont want you to switch back to an other OS , lol , im sure thats not the real reason ,

Prevail

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
WP7 backs your contacts up to "the cloud" (yer Windows Live ID) and restores them when you sign back into the phone for the first time after the hard reset.

If you log in to yer Windows Live ID through yer internet browser on yer computer, you'll see all of your contacts listed on there. That's where it's backing them up to and restoring them from.

yup this is correct

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)