Focus/HSPA???

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Starting yet another thread as I didn't want to hijack another one.

I am aware that the Focus (or any other WP7 phone for that matter) isn't yet true 4G or LTE if you want to call it that.

I did read that AT&T has about 80% of their network converted to HSPA. I also saw on the list of symbols for the Focus that they do show "H" which means the phone is running on HSPA.

Just wondering if any of you current owners have had your Focus show this symbol and if in fact it's capable of running on HSPA where AT&T has it deployed.

dseiden

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure that the road map to 4G is HSPA which is the current 3G network then HSPA+ which is the faster new network and then finally LTE. Tmo is running HSPA+ in many areas and it is quite fast but the phone has to have the correct chip in it.

Maybe we will see some phones with HSPA+ connectivity at Mobile World Congress next month.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, like gshocker says. I've never seen the H symbol on my Focus, but I think it's just 3G. I use to get a H on my Samsung Blackjack 2 after I loaded some European firmware on it.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Focus = HSPA or GSM

HSPA+ not compatible with Samsung FOCUS! ( who gives a **** wouldnt evan notice the diffrents)

BTW! SAmsung.com = ALL THE INFO YOU NEED

Last edited:

firedancer1189

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
im with BELL in Canada witch is runing HSPA+ i took my Phone from ROgers ( FOCUS ) and rogers is ALSO runing HSPA+ now in canada for about 6months now .

with that said , YES it does support it, and Second i took my phone over to BELL and it works :)

and bell is HSPA (+) or CDMA , so if it works on BELL it must be finding the HSPA network! cause its for SURE not on CDMA!

So does it in fact show a "H" instead of "3G" where your reception strength is?

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
So does it in fact show a "H" instead of "3G" where your reception strength is?

deppends what i connect to. or where i am

3g = GSP

H = HSPA

if your near a GSM cell tower , it will connect GSM / 3G
if your near a HSPA cell tower , it connect H / HSPA

i know in Canada i ?only have HSPA with bell , but with rogers it deppends where i am.

but yeah H means ur connect to HSPA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077