Sombody convince me to keep my Surround!

KrGow

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Hi All!

I bought a Samsung Focus about 2.5 weeks ago, then I traded it for a Surround.
I think I like the Surround better, but then I wonder if I should keep the phone at all.

I am coming from an iPhone 3Gs and I really like the Windows Phone 7, but then I see some of the new phone on their way in the next month and wonder if I should just wait. The Inspire 4G and the Moto Atrix both look good and seem like they are going to go for a good price when they are released. But these are Android devices.

I want to keep my surround, but my brain is telling me to return it.

So....what's going to be great about WP7 that would make me want to keep it??

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi All!

I bought a Samsung Focus about 2.5 weeks ago, then I traded it for a Surround.
I think I like the Surround better, but then I wonder if I should keep the phone at all.

I am coming from an iPhone 3Gs and I really like the Windows Phone 7, but then I see some of the new phone on their way in the next month and wonder if I should just wait. The Inspire 4G and the Moto Atrix both look good and seem like they are going to go for a good price when they are released. But these are Android devices.

I want to keep my surround, but my brain is telling me to return it.

So....what's going to be great about WP7 that would make me want to keep it??

Return it next week for the Inspire. Reason being is because reading your post your not happy with wp7 os. Don't worry you'll be reamed for not liking it but hey it's not for everybody. Android is more customizable and it seems your looking for that type of setup. Don't worry I think i'm done with wp7 until the real updates start dropping. I'm not as patient as most people on here.

NickA

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm not as patient either. I jump from phone to phone though, and always need to get the latest/greatest. I don't get an emotional attachment to a phone like some. I like my HD7, and have used it as my main phone for a month now. I'll switch back to it when updates come out like tre-nitty. But in the meantime there are some cool phones coming out for VZW as well (Droid Bionic, and HTC Thunderbolt) in the next few weeks.

Everyone will have their opinion on what is the best phone/OS, but in the end YOU have to use it. So go with what makes you happy, and with a phone that has the features you want.

tre-nitty

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not as patient either. I jump from phone to phone though, and always need to get the latest/greatest. I don't get an emotional attachment to a phone like some. I like my HD7, and have used it as my main phone for a month now. I'll switch back to it when updates come out like tre-nitty. But in the meantime there are some cool phones coming out for VZW as well (Droid Bionic, and HTC Thunderbolt) in the next few weeks.

Everyone will have their opinion on what is the best phone/OS, but in the end YOU have to use it. So go with what makes you happy, and with a phone that has the features you want.

I'm probably gonna get the inspire next week for my wife but if she doesn't want it, i'll just keep it for myself. M$ is just dragging their arse to much right now and it's starting to get boring and lame. The good thing is we as consumers have options and don't have to be tied down to just 1 device/os.

KrGow

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I honestly like WP7. i used my upgrade to get the phone, so I don't want to make a mistake when a much better phone is going to be out in the next month or so.

I like phones a lot. Its like a hobby for me, but in the end i have to pick one and use it for almost 2 years, and i don't want to regret. I could live with WP7 if they make some improvements. Hopefully the first update will come Monday and i can see what they did.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm probably gonna get the inspire next week for my wife but if she doesn't want it, i'll just keep it for myself. M$ is just dragging their arse to much right now and it's starting to get boring and lame. The good thing is we as consumers have options and don't have to be tied down to just 1 device/os.

i dont understand how you think MS is dragging their arse lol .

when it fact they are doing ( in my opignion ) MORE then any other company right now , they launched a BUNCH of new gear , like wp7 , kenect , a bunch of apps for the WP7 and lets not forget WINDOWS 7!!

pls dont tell me that apple and droid are workign hard too cause of the new IPAD and android PAD , lol because they basicly use the SAME OS as the android phone and iphone , so almost NO work whent into making does devices.

so for sure its gona take some time to see updates , as BIG as MS is , it still takes ALOT ALOT ALOT of time to update , wp7, kenect, windows 7 , ect..... one at a time.

as a long time fan of windows ive learned one thing: how to be patient with MS, haha ;)
======================================================

for original post:

different between custom Interface on android and Wp7 is not that big.

Adroid = you can place it any where on the screen ( so it looks like a big mess )
wp7 = you can put the icon any where on the screen ( but its organized and interactive)

the BIG advantage is: - android is OPEN source (lynix), so its allot easier to tweak it ( for now )

- Less DIFFRENT OS with wp7 appose the androids 3 OS version on 20 different phones.(very annoying when they release an update and relies your Model Phone doesnt support it ) :(

- I personally find the Android ALOT less user friendly ( meaning its just more complicated to manipulate ) maybe its gona give you the impression hat your phone is better if it feels more complicated lol. ;) j/k

- if you have an Xbox Live account and a Windows PC , id get a wp7 to raped it all up!! lol

-if you liked the wp7 OS , id maybe just wait for the next Generation . im a hardcore Windows fan so i jumped on the first device that came out lol.

hope this helps a little.

Gl with your finall choice.

PS i know my spellign sucks , hope you understand.

Last edited:

Averry

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey man.....normal consumers aren't going to look at the iPhone, and the Samsung Focus...and rationally tell themselves to reward Microsoft even though the software isn't as mature just because they've released alot of other products lately.

For me, Xbox Live, Zune Pass, the graphical design of the OS are all musts for me....but they aren't for everybody....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss