No Yahoo mail notification??

sniffs

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I see notifications on the lockscreen for hotmail, gmail, outlook..but no yahoo..is this supposed to be like this? Or is my device bugged?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You will only see notifications for the first three email accounts created + messaging on the lock screen. If you want a different email account to show, delete one (or more) of the first three created which will shift the accounts around. Then you can recreate the account you deleted, but it won't show anymore.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

sniffs

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Why is it every single day I find more and more things like this that shouldn't be!

More and more limitations to the WP7 OS.. Come on MS, get with the program already!

I really do want to like WP7, but MS needs to step it up.. they are the largest software company on the planet and they can't get little things like this correct. What would be so hard to show all email account notifications? It's not like there's a lack of screen real-estate..

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Well there is a single row for notifications. How many accounts did WM show? How about iOS, Android or WebOS. I think your three most important accounts viewable is pretty reasonable.

sniffs

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
My problem is I have to turn the screen on, type my passcode and check. It's not the biggest issue in the world but battery life is important. Not having an LED notification for emails and only displaying 3 icons means wasted time checking.. I'm spoiled by Android and comparing it.. =/

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I think this issue is completely dependent on the hardware. Doesn't the HD7 have a notification light? Anybody have first-hand knowledge?

It isn't as robust an OS yet but nothing is as fugly as Android.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I understand your concerns, especially regarding battery life. Not trying to judge here but do you really have more than three important email accounts that require constant monitoring. I had as many as 5 accounts on my device at one point but since deleted 2 to clear space on my Start screen. If some accounts only drop an occasional message would it not be ok to check them less often, like when you have other reasons to unlock you device. Its like Marketplace. No notification on the lock screen, but its not like I must have that update, even though some times I am waiting for one in particular. I may be way off base but figured I would throw it out there anyway.

sniffs

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I have Exchange for work, Gmail for personal(bills, family), Hotmail for gamestop/game site updates(and microsoft xbox purchases) and Yahoo for fb updates/posts..

I could dump them all into 1 but that'd be too much work to reconfigure all my accounts..and when I get an email in a specific account, I know what I'm expecting to see. :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos