Heat issues

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that my Focus gets pretty hot during extended phone calls. I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar problems. I also wonder if the heat could damage microSD cards thus bricking some phones.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
My Verizon BlackBerry got way hotter than this phone has ever gotten and I've never had problems with it. Electronics now adays are pretty resistant to extreme temperatures so I wouldn't worry about it.

prjctchris

Mar 1, 2011
www.prjctmobile.com
While it's not bad at all and doesn't seem to effect anything while using the phone I find my Focus does get a little warm when plugged in charging and watching Netflix.

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue with my Focus...during 1 long phone call the thing became very hot. I got off the phone. It usually does not get as hot with other tasks.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
It gets as hot as my Captivate, which is using similar hardware. One thing to be watch is that the phone doesn't get too hot, or else it won't charge until it cools down.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

AndrewakaMJ

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
My focus will get warm when I'm doing some data intense stuff, ie downloading a bunch of music from Zune while continuing to use the phone for other things, but nothing that concerns me. My last phone was a palm pre plus, that thing could get crazy hot, but with the homebrew overclocks in place, I always knew that it wasn't at a dangerous level. If it's burning your hand, you might have a problem...outside of that, you should be ok.

djeso

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
My Focus will get hotter during calls and data, but not anymore then my pervious phone ip4 (total ubber garbage), switched three weeks ago to WM7 and will never go back to anything else :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs