Removing SD card

FearThyWrath

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a 8 gig sd card on my Focus and I want to remove it before the update comes out. What is the safe way to remove the sd card and go back to internal 8gigs?

Sent from my Samsung Focus with Board Express Pro

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Just sync your phone so any pictures ect you took with your phone are saved to your computer.

Turn off phone & take out card.

Reset phone: Hold volume DOWN, camera & power buttons at the same time. Release Power Button ONLY when vibrates. You will be prompted for a phone format. Telease the other buttons and hit the windows key (and again to confirm).

spitothec

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
just FYI - the SD card is now unusable in any other devices, so you can essentially throw it away if you do decide to remove it.

Unless something has changed in the past few weeks, the only known way to reformat the card to make it usable again is via a Nokia phone running Symbian.

FearThyWrath

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
thanks guys, i got it removed and went well, ya i decided 8 gigs wasent enough anyway so i got a 16gig to replace it with after the update its the micro center one. but for now im stuck with only a few hundred songs lol

L3vi

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
just FYI - the SD card is now unusable in any other devices, so you can essentially throw it away if you do decide to remove it.

Unless something has changed in the past few weeks, the only known way to reformat the card to make it usable again is via a Nokia phone running Symbian.

I'm pretty sure you can use a computer to reformat a micro SD card, it's a pretty simple process.

Games Goblin

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for bumping up an old thread - My friend finally upgraded from his Focus and got another phone. He wanted to remove the SD card from it, so I powered off the phone, took out the battery removed the sd card and then put in the battery back again and then reset the phone as per dtboos instructions - the phone booted up and was factory reset.

The problem was with the SD card, it was not getting recognized in windows. With the N8 trick in mind, I tried something - I did not have an N8 handy, so I put the SD card in a Samsung Feature Phone and it detected it as a 200MB card - I formatted the card in the phone - then took it out and plugged it into my laptop sd card reader where it got detected as a 200 MB card - when I opened disk management, I found that the card is partitioned into two - a 200mb partition and a 7 GB partition (the card is an 8GB one) - I was unable to delete and format the 7GB partition in disk management.

So now, I created a live cd of gparted and then booted into it, put the sd card back in and sure enough, gparted picked it up and I was able to delete the 2 partitions (200 MB and 7 Gb) - then I created a new single fat32 partition using gparted - and presto, the card is back to normal - working well again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos