Bluetooth Streaming at low bit-rate?

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I use a Sony Receiver in my car which is bluetooth compatible. When I've used an iPhone and a Droid 2 with it in the past the audio streaming has been great, but I've noticed when testing it with an Arrive and with an HD7 it sounds like it's streaming at a low bitrate. It gets kind of crackly. Does anyone know if this is a known issue or if there is some sort of setting I can use to adjust it?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I stream over Bluetooth using a Moto T505 and I have been very impresses with how much better the sound is versus my EVO Shift.

zulu23

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I feel your pain. The same thing happens with my HD7 to Kenwood bluetooth connection. My iPhone 3gs had no problems with the Kenwood bluetooth connection thats why Im rulling out the Kenwood. Whats worse for me is when the bluetooth connection is not enjoyable I will run an audio cable from my HD7 to the Kendwood and every once in a while the volume on the HD7 will randomly go from where I was listening at say 15 all the way up to 30 and then back down to 0. I picked up my HD7 in February and once I started noticing the connection issues I figured the NODO update which was around the corner would have a firmware update and I would be go. Unfortunatley for me the update didn't fix anything. One of the mian reasons I went to the Windows Phone is to go from two devices the iPhone 3gs and my trusted old Zune 16gb flash player to one device and be able to use the bluetooth connection in the car. At this point I need to decide to stick it out or go back to my iPhone and Zune since ATT is giving me till next week to come back under my old contract. Right now I feel being an early adopter was a mistake and jumping ship and waiting for Nokia offerings in the future or second generation devices that are comparable to what are launching with Android might be the best plan.

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's pretty disappointing. I love my phone in so many ways but I hate that the BT connection just won't work right. Like you, my BT receiver has worked fine with other phones so I can rule it out as being the problem. I'm hopeful things will improve on that front. I'm gonna try the aux in route and hope I don't have that volume issue you spoke about.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem when plugging in headphones or a cable to powered speakers. Volume goes all over the place. Very embarrassing when trying to showoff my Surround. I also have hope that a firmware update would address this but still waiting for AT&T.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
So I'm back from testing using an aux in cable in the car, and I too had the crazy volume issue. Very annoying. I was however able to remedy the situation by using a headset extension cable I had. It came with an inline mic kit, which is basically an inline mic that you attach to any set of headphones you have so that you can use it as a headset. It came with an extension cable (so the jack itself has the three lines, I don't know what they're called, but it would support the stereo out as well as the mic input) and as soon as I plugged my aux cable into it and plugged the extension cable into my phone the volume issue disappeared. I'm disappointed that I have to do that to keep my volume from going crazy but at least it seems like it will work until the issue is addressed.

zulu23

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I knew I couldn't be the only one having these problems.

Yesterday I rolled back my update from the internet shutting down trick forced update to the natural push update from Msft. Still the same issues.

Today I called TMobile and told them the problem both pre and post update and they will be sending a new device which basically means refurbished from HTC under my warranty. I'm not expecting it to be any better but its worth a shot at this point. If I get the same results I will be moving back to my iPhone and Zune player.

Its a shame we have to jump through these hurdles for something as basic as bluetooth.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
No surprising all. Symptoms of a first gen OS running on first gen devices. I had the same problem with Android about 18 months ago. Hopefully the newer handsets will bridge the gap.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa