Called Verizon Today

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Because of the value of this shipment its "signature required" (direct or indirect) by default. Unless you have an incompetent driver, he/she will not leave it at the door.

Xplode22

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Because of the value of this shipment its "signature required" (direct or indirect) by default. Unless you have an incompetent driver, he/she will not leave it at the door.

However, "indirect" does mean that you can leave a signed & dated note on the door...that's indirectly getting a signature. If it was "direct", then you have to have someone physically sign it in front of the driver.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
From FedEx.com (indirect signature)

FedEx will obtain a signature in one of three ways:

1. From any person at the delivery address; or
2. From a neighbor, building manager or other person at a neighboring address; or
3. The recipient can sign a FedEx door tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present.

So in essence, a signature is required. The driver just can't leave the package on the door.

I certainly would never sign a door tag to leave a package at my door. Perhaps because I live in NYC... lol

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
you should also be able to sign the release via the fedex website, now whether the driver (I've found fedex drivers to be far more annoying than UPS drivers in following rules) recognizes you've signed the release is another store altogether.

i'd do it on the website, and then also leave a note with the pertinent information (name, tracking number, etc) at the door to be safe.

Xplode22

May 10, 2011
Visit site
From FedEx.com (indirect signature)

FedEx will obtain a signature in one of three ways:

1. From any person at the delivery address; or
2. From a neighbor, building manager or other person at a neighboring address; or
3. The recipient can sign a FedEx door tag authorizing release of the package without anyone present.

So in essence, a signature is required. The driver just can't leave the package on the door.

I certainly would never sign a door tag to leave a package at my door. Perhaps because I live in NYC... lol

Not to be a pissing match but...two things:

1) from the FedEx.com website (https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...cking%2Fsignature%2Findex.html&token=11xqM8RU
"If your package was shipped with the Indirect Signature Release option, you may leave a signed and dated handwritten note on the door instructing the driver to leave the package at your door."

2) I left my signed/dated note on the door this morning, the driver came and took the note and left my Verizon Trophy today!!!

BOO-YAAAHHH!!! I'm WP7 BABY!!!!

msft_tinkering

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine's been out for delivery since 8:15 am. Don't the drivers know that my house should be the first stop? Sheesh.

No sooner do I post this and the truck pulls up.

Woo Whoo, unboxing!

Last edited:

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Not to be a pissing match but...two things:

1) from the FedEx.com website (https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...cking%2Fsignature%2Findex.html&token=TVz8X9nn
"If your package was shipped with the Indirect Signature Release option, you may leave a signed and dated handwritten note on the door instructing the driver to leave the package at your door."

2) I left my signed/dated note on the door this morning, the driver came and took the note and left my Verizon Trophy today!!!

BOO-YAAAHHH!!! I'm WP7 BABY!!!!
Awesome... it sure feels good, doesn't it?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Waiting on Fed Ex

i swear! it's like they don't know we're waiting for things! :p

Damn, by the time it gets here, I'll be a mass of jelly. OK, so I'm a mass of jelly anyway but you get the point.

My wife is sitting here laughing at me as I wait for the sound of the truck.:lol:

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Damn, by the time it gets here, I'll be a mass of jelly. OK, so I'm a mass of jelly anyway but you get the point.

My wife is sitting here laughing at me as I wait for the sound of the truck.:lol:

i was doing that yesterday waiting for UPS to deliver my focus...

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I couldnt be happier.

Well, yes I could...SLCD, a bigger non-removable battery, and LTE once they get power efficiency down. But, wifi saves me on the LTE. Havent tested the battery life yet.

Now I cant wait for mango.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6