Called Verizon Today

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

You lose a considerable amount of space when you make something removable. I bet the Trophy's battery could be 20% bigger if they just made it built-in. Same thing with a memory card, you lose a lot of space.

I love the Trophy's form factor and wouldnt want a phone any bigger. I'd be happy with non-removable storage/battery.

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
i don't see how using a memory card instead of a nand would make you lose space...

NAND memory chips would be soldered right onto the board. A memory card has plastic packaging around the memory card chips plus bigger connectors. The phone will also need to accommodate more space because of the interconnects on that end. You lose quite a bit of space by making it removable.

EJNelly

May 12, 2011
Visit site
You lose a considerable amount of space when you make something removable. I bet the Trophy's battery could be 20% bigger if they just made it built-in. Same thing with a memory card, you lose a lot of space.

I love the Trophy's form factor and wouldnt want a phone any bigger. I'd be happy with non-removable storage/battery.

If the battery is not removable and you have an issue with it you need to have the phone serviced to get it fixed, I'd rather be able to replace it myself. Trust me ask any iPod or iPhone owner that's had a battery issue.

They could use NAND on board and use the Micro SD card for expandable storage and add little if any size to the phone. **** make a CDMA only version and replace the sim card slot with a micro SD problem solved.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
NAND memory chips would be soldered right onto the board. A memory card has plastic packaging around the memory card chips plus bigger connectors. The phone will also need to accommodate more space because of the interconnects on that end. You lose quite a bit of space by making it removable.

oh, you're talking about physical space, not storage. that makes sense, personally i think samsung's solution is better, nand+microSD slot, and the focus is quite thin...

If the battery is not removable and you have an issue with it you need to have the phone serviced to get it fixed, I'd rather be able to replace it myself. Trust me ask any iPod or iPhone owner that's had a battery issue.

They could use NAND on board and use the Micro SD card for expandable storage and add little if any size to the phone. **** make a CDMA only version and replace the sim card slot with a micro SD problem solved.

yea, i'll take the small bump in size to give me the option to put a bigger battery in it, keep another batter if i need to swap it, and replace the battery once it starts losing it's ability to hold charge. the iphone has a non-removable battery, and the battery life if you're constantly using it is not all that stellar.

Grubish360

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Trophy isn't that big of a phone. It may be bigger then other phones, but it certainly isn't a brick. Also, the screen is good. I thought it was going to be terrible.

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
oh, you're talking about physical space, not storage. that makes sense, personally i think samsung's solution is better, nand+microSD slot, and the focus is quite thin...

yea, i'll take the small bump in size to give me the option to put a bigger battery in it, keep another batter if i need to swap it, and replace the battery once it starts losing it's ability to hold charge. the iphone has a non-removable battery, and the battery life if you're constantly using it is not all that stellar.

Right, I was talking about physical size. The battery issue is a good point. But I think I'd rather have a 1500mAh non-removable than a 1300mAh removable.

Trophy isn't that big of a phone. It may be bigger then other phones, but it certainly isn't a brick. Also, the screen is good. I thought it was going to be terrible.

I agree 100%. I think the trophy and the iPhone have the best physical size form factor. I love the trophy's screen too. There's better out there, I'm sure, but I'm more than pleased.

swantonsoup

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Funny you mention that, it really does look a lot like the iPhone, more so than any other touchscreen devices, including Android's. I think it's because of the screen size and the simplicity of the button design.

Yup. I know its a small thing, but I love how WP7 has 3 buttons on the bottom vs. Android's 4. Just another example of the simplicity.

MicrosoftNorthstar

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Only think I'm jealous of Android is that they're more likely to have physical buttons instead of the nightmare capacitive buttons we got to deal on our current batch of WP7s (minus the LG Quantum and Optimus).

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
This thread is a great thread with a happy outcome with a bunch of great members discussing what they want, what they got, but I think its time has come. Its time to un- sticky this thread. :( We are getting so far off topic in here its time to start making new threads about the new topics that way other members can join the discussion and can find the threads when searching. I'm not closing the thread you guys can continue discussing what ever in here but it would make more sense for you guys to make new thread for the new topics you are discussing. Lets have a moment of silence to remember and reflect on this thread it has truly been one of the WPC's greatest threads.

:Cool: Dave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99