Well looks like another date come and gone

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Well this is a very sad day. I am getting incredibly sick of verizon right now. I can't believe they once said they would have a WP7 phone out as soon as microsoft had them ready well they had them ready almost a month ago. Still no phone and I'm hoping there are more sick verizon customers then just me who are on the verge of jumping ship.

gumby#WP

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Well this is a very sad day. I am getting incredibly sick of verizon right now. I can't believe they once said they would have a WP7 phone out as soon as microsoft had them ready well they had them ready almost a month ago. Still no phone and I'm hoping there are more sick verizon customers then just me who are on the verge of jumping ship.

Not just you. They always do this with Microsoft devices. No secret, there's no love for Microsoft from Verizon. This has been going on for years with Verizon lagging months behind Sprint in getting similar offerings out and as much as half a year behind AT&T.... I could see it taking a few weeks to run a phone through its paces, but there is no rational explaination for why it takes them so long to test a new device.... what's more is after all the testing, and customizations they've bloated and butchered most of my previous WM devices (I've had one from each generation) to the point where the phones barely functioned.

I have 4 lines with them, 2 of which are still under contract. I'm seriously considering rolling off to AT&T, but I'm concerned about the coverage and the customer support- I haven't forgotten why I left AT&T in the first place some 13 or 14 years ago.. Most of my friends on AT&T complain all the time about dropped calls- and crumby customer service, but at least their phones ring when they are supposed to, and don't lock up from provider bloat ware.

To be fair, the phone we believe is supposed to be the one we're getting was approved by the FCC three weeks ago (March 24th). I'm hopeful (although not optimistic) that Verizon has its act together a bit better and can get through any testing they need to do, as well as make any changes necessary, before the month is through.

One thing I'm not clear on, did NODO include all of the updates Verizon demanded?

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea about the updeates verizon demanded but my fiancee just got the iphone so she's got a brand new shiny 2 year contract so I am kind of stuck but I really do want a wp7. So much that I did a crazy thing. I needed a phone really, really bad. The imagio is the worst phone ever. I would have to tilt it on it's side to unfreeze it just so I could text message someone else. Then I tried getting more life by switching to a storm my gf had before the iphone well after 3 insurance claims because the phone they sent me wouldn't work when I got it. I saw the palm pixi plus for 45 bucks (off contract) and like a hand grenade I jumped on it. I just hope that I won't regret this decision trying to last till the trophy comes out

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Shopping..shopping... for Samsung focus... please PLEASE let the service be half butt decent.. I'm GONE from VZW !

They can hate MS all they want... it will be good I can jump on MicroKia phone when they arrive with Mango !

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if any of you have read my posts on the "Called Verizon" thread...but I'm a corporate VZW rep who works at one of their regional headquarters. I sought out this website because I saw people commenting about a Windows 7 phone on Verizon's Facebook page. Sounds like there is a lot of anticipation, but I wanted to let everyone know, there's absolutely no talk at corporate level about any kind of Windows phone. We just got a brief on phones coming out over the next month, and nothing to do with Windows at all.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've seen your post and believe me I thank you for your imput. I've seen things on verizon's website letting me there is the a verizon wp7 coming sometime so hopefully you'll let us know when you hear something and maybe tell the big guys just how much you've seen people want a wp7 to the point verizon is losing customers because of them not getting one. I know it's not as big a deal as the iphone but it's something customers want. Well thanks again for the info.

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes I will definitely keep you all up to date.

It was strange, I started reading all this banter on the Verizon Facebook page, and was like, "what the ****, we haven't had any training or lead up info on a Windows phone". My wife and I have been in to AT&T stores and looked them over, and a couple of them look impressive. Sounds like they haven't been a huge success with AT&T though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss