Hope I made the right decision

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
For most this week I've been running around with 2 phones. 1 was my verizon storm. (I had the Imagio but that is really a terrible phone.) Also I had a sprint arrive. My fiancee's uncle got the arrive and offered it to me. I've been a verizon customer for a long time and all my family is on verizon aswell. I played with the phone and really enjoyed the phone but I decided on waitting till verizon comes out with a wp7. I am really hoping I'm not stupid giving up the arrive.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You may have to wait till June but you should see a Trophy by then. Should be a good phone. Don't lose faith.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
as much as i want a wp7 handset, personally i wouldn't be able to live with sprints service (or lack thereof) in my area, also, i'm completely over hardware keyboards and the chunky phones they come with.

here's to hoping we don't have to wait too much longer!

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
That's kind of why I was able to give it up. But after playing with it for so long I'm really missing everything wp7 has to offer. It really is silky smooth and such a nice os I had no problem what so ever with it.

R32_Rocky

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
That's kind of why I was able to give it up. But after playing with it for so long I'm really missing everything wp7 has to offer. It really is silky smooth and such a nice os I had no problem what so ever with it.

Currently, I have the Sprint EVO 4G. I have it rooted, and have flashed all sorts of custom Roms on it; at this moment it is Mik's MikGinger Rom. I like the build of the EVO, and this new Rom is nice - but buggy and no 4G. Lately, Sprint's signal strength has been getting horribly worse, often dropping don to 1x! So I am looking for a change real soon.

I used to own a VZW HTC Touch Pro II, then a T-Mobile HTC HD2. Oh did I love that HD2! Loved it way better than my current EVO. It too had been HardSPL, and had all sorts of WinMo 6.5 tweaks and Roms flashed on it. But again, in my area, Dallas, T-Mobile's signal strength was horrible!

I switched to the EVO and Android OS, because at that time WP7 did not look very good to me. I, like others, thought that the HD2 would be the last great Windows phone/os.

Now though, hearing a lot of user reviews, I might want to try a WP7 phone. But which one? And what carrier would finally, at last, have a strong signal in my area? After trying a couple of Samsung Galaxy S phones, I want to stay with HTC. To me, HTC builds the best quality phones in the world.

So, it would seem almost a no-brainer to go with the HD7, as it appears to be the new gen HD2. But, it is T-Mobile, and fear it would be poor signal again for me, unless they added more local towers?

My last worry, is the tiles of WP7 vs HTC WinMo or Android Sense. With the WP7 tiles, I would be missing the awesome HTC Sense clock/weather widget on the home screen! The #1 reason I eagerly waited for the WinMo 6.5 update, and stayed with HTC Sense over Touchwiz or MOTO Blur, and never tried any CM or ASOP EVO Rom. Were you able to get past this?

Oh, and one sort of minor worry - the WP7 keyboard. I am so used to, actually quite dependent on, the HTC touch input keyboard with the arrow keys on the bottom. How do you move around to edit text in WP7? Does it work like the new Gingerbread keyboard? Holding your finger down, and a magnified window appears, and you can drag the cursor around?

Thanks folks.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Sense was a resource hog so I didn't really miss it when I replaced my Tilt2 with a Surround. I think you will like the tiles. There are silly clock tiles in the Marketplace but the clock is always in the top right corner or the screen anyway. And do you really need 1" tall numbers. Plenty of weather tiles to choose from (WeatherChannel is probably best). No animation on the tile, but that's why everything is fast and smooth. You will find others for stock info, tide info, game score info, tasks, etc, so you Start screen can qind up looking pretty interesting. I have 46 tiles on my Start screen, 10 of them live, updatable tiles.

I miss the navigation keys sometimes but have gotten very comfortable with the standard WP kb. When you tap and hold, a cursor will appear above your finger. You drag down to position the cursor which always stays in view, north of your fingertip.

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
does the sense hub (htc hub?) update the weather icon on it or is it a generic one?

that would seem like a logical place for htc to implement their sense clock...

Kitsune5tails

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't remember exactly, I had a HTC HD7 and had to return it due to coverage. The HTC tile was wide and updated. The weather was usually pretty good as long as it kept signal it seemed to update and had a temperature reading if I remember right. I had it as one of the tiles on the tile page positioned so that it was in the default area.

I would sugest going to one of the stores and playing with one of the phones.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
does the sense hub (htc hub?) update the weather icon on it or is it a generic one?

that would seem like a logical place for htc to implement their sense clock...

Yes, the double wide tile does show updatable weather, but I don't remember if there was a clock on the tile, which would be redundant as its always displayed at the top of the screen anyway.

Opening HTC Hub gives you the Sense feel with the big clock and animated weather, but not much else. Weather Channel does a better job with weather so I got rid of HTC Hub long ago. Don't miss it.

Sent from my T8788 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12