Today, I'm gonna use my Surround, dammit!

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I love my Surround. I love WP7. I love the battery life of my 9700.

Today though, (rather than seeing 1/2 battery after 6 hours and switching to the 9700 in a huff) I'm going to use the Surround-all day..and charge it when I have to.

There's a laptop next to me almost all the time, got a car charger..why am I depriving myself just because I have another phone with 1/2 the processor speed, 1/2 the screen real estate that lasts twice as long on a charge?

Sometimes I wonder about me. :)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. My Tilt2 has an extended battery and could easily make it through a full day, bit we all know what WM is like compared to WP. A day or two after bringing my Surround home I realized that the battery was going to be an issue. Got a couple DigiPower USB battery backups and now I can walk around using my device and charging at the same time. Never want to leave the house with less than 50% so I try to keep it topped off during the day and let ot run down towards evening.

As soon as someone makes an 1800-2000 mAh extended battery for my buddy I will be all over it. Already using a hard shell so if I take that off, the phone will be about the same thickness. Good compromise for a full day battery.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm doing it..one thing is, although the battery does go down a little quicker than I'd like it, it charges quick too.

Got down to abt 1/4 after around 11 hours but 45 minutes on the car charger on the way home brought it up to almost full.

My Galaxy S takes like 3 hours on the wall charger to go from 20% to full charge.

Probably inconsequential, but I'm tellin' ya anyways! :)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I agree, charging is quick with a wall/car charger. Even on the 500mA USB portable I can play a game and the phone continues to charge.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
i purchased a spare battery + battery charger/dock for my focus. so, i always have a full battery. i try to charge my device whenever possible so i don't need to use the spare battery often.

gyrferret

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
This was me when I first got my phone, yet (DVP owner here) my battery has gotten me throughout the day constantly. At first it didn't, but now it does somehow.........

This is with ~400 texts per day. Occasional phone call and ~30 - 1 hour using the web and apps. At the end of the day I still easily finish with >30% battery.

Medium Brightness with Email set at 15 min. intervals.
Wi-fi off since, well, I haz no wi-fis and the phone locks up on it anyway.... :/

Off the charger at 8 AM, usually back in charger at 11 PM.

I'm even running off of a 1400mAH battery...........

I came from a 9700 and that thing takes skill to bring down to even 50% by the end of the day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro