off contract trophy?

jrj2013

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
so now that we seem to be finally coming down the home stretch for the release of the vzw trophy i have a question

- how can i avoid resigning a 2 yr contract since i'm sure vzw will get a wp7 handset with front facing camera/nokia build/etc? anyone know if i can get it off contract and go month to month and how much it would run me? thanks in advance!

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
You can buy any phone off contract but we probably won't know the price until the phone is officially announced. Once Verizon announces it you can view the off contract price on their website.

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Verizion almost certainly will NOT get a front facing/nokia phone for at least a year. Just based on their entire reputation here that is.

It may actually be cheaper to just buy the phone on contract and pay the pro-rated ETF once the new phone comes out. It all depends on what the prices end up being in the end though.

jrj2013

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
i just feel like FFC is coming to wp7 pretty quick to match competition(i half expected it to occur when they updated things at MIX) whether thats a nokia or not i'll buy it. I would hope these moves come by the end of the calendar year and hopefully i can pawn the trophy off on my sister when her contracts up and i wont need to pay the ETF for either of us so thats the goal atleast. just an idea

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The Surround was $499 off contract with AT&T on launch day. Figure the Trophy would be about the same. They did give me a $100 loyalty discount though. And don't forget the Trophy will have some resale value later this year when new phones come out. But if Nokia only releases 1-2 models in 2011 you may have to wait till Q1-2012 for you phone of choice.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
All very good points. The other alternative is to wait a bit and try to pickup a trophy on the used market. I managed to find a focus for $175 lnib on eBay. Worth every penny given vzw's slowness to release the trophy.

Might just try to the same to hold me over till vzw shows its cards with respect to WP7 and how they will treat the platform.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs