New Focus wont update

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
What version are you running? Go to settings > about > more info. If OS version is 7.0.7390.0 then you may not have any updates. There is a small security update being tested by carriers right now which will be 7392, but its not available to everybody yet.

Also what country / carrier are you on?

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Most importantly, take the battery out and look under the batter for the REV #. If you are REV 1.4, you are still waiting like me for updates to be released!

It sucks, I know!

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
It really is mind boggling to me how samsung continues to sell these devices even though they are known to be defective. Would a car company be able to get away with this? Pull the devices from shelves, fix the problem, and then start selling them again. Microsoft should be all over this problem, in the end it hurts them more than Samsung anyways.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
It really is mind boggling to me how samsung continues to sell these devices even though they are known to be defective. Would a car company be able to get away with this? Pull the devices from shelves, fix the problem, and then start selling them again. Microsoft should be all over this problem, in the end it hurts them more than Samsung anyways.
Not sure there is a way to tell aside from looking under the battery. It definitely doesn't show on the box; unless I'm missing it. The box shows a rev # (1.1), but that's incorrect as mine is 1.3. It would probably be easier to tackle the issue with an update and if they can't allow warranty replacements for those wanting the upgrade.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't say the v1.4 Focus is defective. Sure its been a challenge to get an update to work smoothly, but probably because Samsung forgot to tell anyone that they changed memory chips, and who knows what else. Will probably be resolved within 30 days, which is still a whole lot faster than any Android device. My phone worked fine for 6 months without NoDo. So chill, and all will be ok soon.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Wouldn't say the v1.4 Focus is defective. Sure its been a challenge to get an update to work smoothly, but probably because Samsung forgot to tell anyone that they changed memory chips, and who knows what else. Will probably be resolved within 30 days, which is still a whole lot faster than any Android device. My phone worked fine for 6 months without NoDo. So chill, and all will be ok soon.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

I understand that it is still faster than Android, I am using a Samsung Captivate right now and believe me I understand. It seems to be a common thread with Samsung devices. They make it, ship it, and forget sbout it. The only reason that the Focus is getting an update at all is because Microsoft mandates that all phones will be upgraded to at least mango. I would love to get a WP7 right now, and the only one that appeals to me hardware wise is the Focus. I am VERY loathe to get anything else Samsung though, and am trying to resist the urge to buy one and wait for the HTC HD7S, whenever it comes out.

gdubyacobb

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
She's happy with it so far, but she'll be happier with copy and paste.
Glad to have made her a convert. Aside from a lack of apps I totally prefer my focus (1.3 and nodo) to my iPhone.
Now I just need to convert the teenagers in the house!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel