Security Update

MrKhaki

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Updated this morning. Haven't had a chance to see if it fixes the secure Wifi crashing issue... I think Dell's rumored firmware upgrade due next week should address it finally.

The phone does seem a little sluggish after the upgrade however.

gyrferret

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Sluggish? Well, I just got a NEW dvp after using one of the first batches they made (December ish) and this one feels better all around.

But I never use wifi so you guys will have to do the field testing for me.

MrKhaki

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had my DVP for about 2 weeks (suspect I received a "new" "returned" phone however). Performance of the phone is back to normal after the update.

I was ecstatic when I returned home last night and secure-Wifi was screaming fast! AND there were no lockups!... at least for a while. I opened up a number of apps that I had problems with crashing on Wifi and a majority we perfect. Only T-mobile's lame streaming TV app locked up the device completely... it's getting deleted anyway.

This morning, however I woke up to find the device had locked up when my alarm didn't go off. There appears to still be an issue with syncing over Wifi (the phone was plugged in to charge).

Despite these two crashes, I couldn't be happier with the latest update to .7392.
Hoping the rumored firmware from Dell in about a week will take care of the remaining Wifi issues.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Updated this morning. Haven't had a chance to see if it fixes the secure Wifi crashing issue... I think Dell's rumored firmware upgrade due next week should address it finally.

The phone does seem a little sluggish after the upgrade however.

Agree on the sluggishness, feels a tad slower to me too. Also I used the backup and restore process to upgrade to a class 2 Sandisk card and have not had any more wifi crashing or other lockups I was having after nodo.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
just got the notification last night that it was available. Haven't had a chance to sync the phone yet but was planning on installing this update tonight. Hoping to not have any issues but, we'll see...

*keeping fingers crossed...*

Spacegho5t

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,
I just got my venue pro for AT&T and I only have version 7.0.7355.0 with no detectable update. Anyone else having a similar experience?

gyrferret

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,
I just got my venue pro for AT&T and I only have version 7.0.7355.0 with no detectable update. Anyone else having a similar experience?

Factory ship DVP's have 7.0.7355.0 installed. That's NODO for manufactures. The next update is the security update that AT&T hasn't pushed. Remember, it's carrier based, not device based.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720