Security Update ?

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone who has an HTC Arrive received the MS Security update as of yet ?
whas just woundering, because my wifes has not seen the update yet and this would be
the first update for the device .
since it came with the nodo ..

kingp

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
To my knowledge, no Arrives have received it yet. I know that T-Mobile HD7 users started getting it yesterday, but those are the only US users (that I know of) that have it.

kingp

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
If my thinking is correct here, and from what I've gathered from my contacts on the Zune team, the phone should notify you when an update is ready. You will then need to connect your device to the PC and download/install it via Zune software.

coasterfreak212

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that since it is carrier based we might not see it, at least for a while. What could also be possible is that they are waiting until they can wrap some certain fixes with it like the 160+ character bug and the color banding issues.

disposed

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that since it is carrier based we might not see it, at least for a while. What could also be possible is that they are waiting until they can wrap some certain fixes with it like the 160+ character bug and the color banding issues.

Color banding is being fixed in Mango when WP7 gets official 32 bit support. I hope we get something before then.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any guesses if the update will be OTA (over the air ) or will it require a connection to Zune? Just curious
Requires a connection, and will do another full backup, based on what I have read from other users who have gotten the update.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo