MarketPlace keeps crashing

furygoalbrtis39

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Every once and a while the marketplace wont load and i have to restart my focus to get it to work, anyone else having the same issue?

Rev 1.4 so no NODO

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
That was/is a known issue in the initial release that was fixed in NoDo. Hopefully you'll get your update soon as I remember what a pita it was to soft reset every time it froze on me.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
This is in fact one of the main reasons why I want rev 1.4 to get NoDo. Supposedly besides stoping crashing it also makes it run better too in the Marketplace.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, pre-NoDo, Marketplace represented about 90% of all my soft resets, probably an average of 1 per day. Since NoDo, think I have done two resets, basically for maintenance. Not required.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I was actually noticing how smooth the marketplace was last night while surfing for apps.

NoDo definitely improved the marketplace.

If you all got this from a store, I'd definitely go back and exchange it for rev 1.3... that's what I'd do. If you all like waiting, that's cool too, but I'm impatient when it comes to things like that.

furygoalbrtis39

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I was actually noticing how smooth the marketplace was last night while surfing for apps.

If you all got this from a store, I'd definitely go back and exchange it for rev 1.3... that's what I'd do. If you all like waiting, that's cool too, but I'm impatient when it comes to things like that.

Wait, they cover this!?!

furygoalbrtis39

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Okay I'm probably going back to AT&T this weekend
Thanks, I'll hit the thanks button on ur post when I get to a computer.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Wait, they cover this!?!
Technically they don't... but let them know you're having lots of issues with the device. MP freezing and crashing and loads of other things. Tell them you know people who have rev 1.3 and have no issues what so ever. Tell them you've already wiped the device to see and it didn't help. If I can find out they are giving pre-NoDo devices, then I'll probably do an exchange as well -- I need my unlocked device.

furygoalbrtis39

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Technically they don't... but let them know you're having lots of issues with the device. MP freezing and crashing and loads of other things. Tell them you know people who have rev 1.3 and have no issues what so ever. Tell them you've already wiped the device to see and it didn't help. If I can find out they are giving pre-NoDo devices, then I'll probably do an exchange as well -- I need my unlocked device.
well they replaced it anyway

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
was your replacement preloaded with nodo?

my focus is at samsung being fixed, and i'm really hoping i don't end up with a 1.3+nodo one being sent back to me in the mail....

Last edited:

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
fingers crossed for them not to have updated my phone!

of course i get my focus back on the exact same day the trophy comes out :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven