Keyboard backlight

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
It only stays on for about 5 seconds after last button push-kind of annoying when you stop typing to think about what you want to type in semi-darkness. Anyone know of any hidden setting or trick to keep it on?

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
It only stays on for about 5 seconds after last button push-kind of annoying when you stop typing to think about what you want to type in semi-darkness. Anyone know of any hidden setting or trick to keep it on?

I don't think there is way to change that for locked phones, I've looked just so I can the option. I would guess its a minor registry tweak if the phone were unlocked.

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Kinda figure it could be fixed via reg tweak. Along with 4-5 Live Tiles that don't work I may look into reg editing. What programs are needed to do this?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Kinda figure it could be fixed via reg tweak. Along with 4-5 Live Tiles that don't work I may look into reg editing. What programs are needed to do this?
You need an unlocked device. Post NoDo, the only way to do that is purchase a Microsoft developers license for $99 (up to 3 devices). Once unlocked you can side load a reg editor application.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Well, I won't be going that route! Probably not enough Quantum users out there to address this either.
Thanks anyway...

Tobyus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Well, if someone manages to figure it out, you should still be able to use the MFG tool to change the registry setting. You just can't use the MFG tool to do the investigating. You can also developer unlock your phone using the MFG tool according to the XDA forums if I remember correctly.

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Possible Work-Around

I love my Quantum's physical keyboard, but after just a couple of weeks getting used to the virtual keyboard, I began to almost for get about it. WP has such an amazing virtual keyboard! Even on my tiny-screened Quantum! Even better on the HD7s I played with.

Initially, the "blacking out" really annoyed me too, but I found that the "ae" button doesn't use anything (in english) and I just made a point to be able to feel where that button was while it was dark and use it as a "wake-up" button. It worked well at the time, but now I don't really need it anyways!

I hope that works for you too!

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
As far as the live tiles not working as desired, the v7.5 update has reportedly all but eliminated any problems with live tiles.

Sent from my LG-C900 using Board Express

scdkad

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I cannot wait to have all of them working. It stinks to show someone my phone and point out that Live Tiles are the main unique feature that iOS and Android don't have and then have to say, well all of them don't work...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa