Where/How did you get your Trophy

jeffa00

Dec 2, 2010
galacticbeacon.com
I now have the Trophy. MS Store delivered overnight at no charge.

Verizon was great about helping me get set up.

I used my son's upgrade and needed to switch around phones so that my Pre Plus was deactivated and his phone came back online along with the Trophy now assigned to my number. It made me tired just thinking about trying to get that all set up via their website, but the phone support person handled everything and all I had to do was key in the activate codes on each phone. I have to give Verizon credit for that.

RocknRedneck19

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine yesterday from Verizon's website. After my new every 2 $30 off I paid $69.99. According to FedEx it will be here today! Can't wait, I can finally throw my Storm in the trash!

*Update*
Got my Trophy and immediately set it up! Love it more than my Stopr by leaps and bounds! Immediately downloaded Full House Poker, Pandas vs Ninjas and Demo version of Pocket God. Games all seem to run smooth.

The only thing my Storm did better was allow me to use my mp3s as ringtones. Oh well, I still like my new Trophy better!

Last edited:

SleepyTheDon

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Glitch

I took advantage of the system glitch Verizon has been having & I saw the Trophy listed a FREE so I called & they told me it was 49.99 but I told them thats not what it shows. So the agent told me its 49.99 with up grade. I said ok and hung up. I jumped back on my laptop logged it saw it as 49.99 & said damn. So I logged back in yesterday to pay my bill & on the Verizon splash page it said 49.99 So i went to shop clicked on smartphone & the it was FREE so i ordered it & i will have it tomorrow 8-11-2011 their loss is my gain. Go WP7!

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Just got mine thursday, I called vzw *****in about my droid x and they said I could burn an upgrade...so I got the trophy for 150 after rebate, couldn't be happier I don't miss android one bit...oh my copy and paste works too.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
NewEgg has an unlocked GSM HTC 7 Trophy for $274.99. It's from Germany, and the literature and CD are in German. It was easy to switch it to English. It's replacing my Treo Pro work phone.

So far I am happy with it.

Guidos Dad

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm a PRe+ user currently on Verizon on contract till around next May I think and wanted to try the Trophy out to try out WP7 so was thinking of trying to pick one up off of ebay If I could get it for maybe 1/2 the verizon cost. That way get a good feel for WP7 until my contract is up. At that time make a decision if I stick with verizon or maybe go with AT&T to get a better selection of WP7 devices if verizon has gotten into them more by then.

My question here is I looked on ebay and the verizon Trophys listed they all advertize 8GB memory. What's the deal with these phones with only 8 when the verizon website says it has 16? Thought maybe you more smartphone hardware savy people here could help me out.

Raptor007

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I do see some listed with 8GB and some with 16GB. Not really sure why that is, are they perhaps copy/paste info from a different phone in error.

I got mine today after returning my BB9930, which I will say is a pretty nice phone yet I quickly realized that the KB is just too small for me. I did find the KB on the Trophy to be pretty quick, responsive and easy to use. Waiting on screen protectors and my case to arrive. I was able to get it for $49.99 plus tax and of course the $35 return fee for the BB. I think once I get Mango on it I will be pretty happy and could find myself staying with WP7P for a while.

On a side note I have owned in the last 16 months 6 Android Phones, iPhone 4 and now a WP7P needless to say I like my mobile tech.

lmatt05

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine today from ebay. I was a little worried about getting it from there but everything seems fine so far. It's new which i was surprised by that.

Really impressed with the phone so far. I really like how you can separate your contacts from facebook but still have facebook connected to the phone. Hated syncing that on android and on BB

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Bought it online for $70 on an upgrade. It fits my needs,not a lot of pointless apps,small and pocket friendly.
I am impressed with the Trophy, and so far I am happy with it. :)

narrow-minded

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I got mine a couple days ago from Best Buy for $50. I love it so far.

The rep said, "Oh, this is a Windows Phone! This is the first time I've ever sold one of these..."

I'm proud to have been his first WP7 customer.

I took the phone home and immediately got Mango installed on it, and I absolutely love it so far. :)

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm probably the only person in the world who bought the Htc Trophy without the slightest idea that Microsoft even made cell phones. Here's how:
For some odd reason I upgraded over the phone with Verizon. They told me my options and I didn't want anything by Motorola, and I've seen the LG and samsungs before and didn't want them either. I briefly used a Thunderbolt for a very short time and thought that HTC made nice products. ..so I chose the HTC trophy because the size and specs sounded nice, plus it was HTC. ....but BOY, WAS I IN FOR A SURPRISE!!!.. When the Trophy arrived at my doorstep, and after opening the package, I immediately noticed the array of red tiles on the phone in the picture on the box. When I started setting up the phone and using it, forgive me but I honestly was in complete shock. I was like- What planet did this thing come from?!?! And although the phone and UI is very slick and intuitive, I hate to say I never woulda picked it if I was at the Verizon store. Again its a very nice phone and OS but Im really trying to get used to this unexpected interface. Its definitely somethin' different though. ..oh and it was $150 after mail-in rebate.

Last edited:

JohnC#WP

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
After buying mine from ebay ($200), a friend (avaible for upgrade) bought one from the local VZW store. They were not very helpful and told him he was making a mistake. I could not believe they tried so hard to talk him out of this phone. It's stores like that are keeping sales of this phone down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12