Droid x or Trophy?

wreed

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I know this is another should I or should I not type of thread but I need to know will I miss anything on my droid if I switch, such as screen size (doesn't bother me too much) but does the trophy do hd recording and does it have an 8 mp camera? EDIT just saw it does HD and is 5 mp....

I have a way to get the phone for $149 without renewing my contract so at that price is it a no brainer to switch?

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
HTC - Products - HTC 7 Trophy - Specification

According to the specs listed above, the Trophy has a 5MP camera and is capable of recording in 720p.

As for it being a no-brainer, I would think so seeing as how you could sell your Droid X to cover the cost of the upgrade. While I like the openness of Android and the ability to use 3rd party apps instead of the stock apps, I feel like that is also one of the biggest downfalls as well. While some people love HTC Sense, Motorola Blur, etc, these skins force the user to wait longer for an update to the software. I also dislike the fact that that these skins cannot be disabled without rooting and running modified code. I believe Gingerbread has been out since December but very few Android phones have it yet due to the fact that manufacturers have to reskin Gingerbread before releasing it to users. Microsoft's minimum hardware specs make it so that users get pretty much the same experience regardless of which phone they buy and it also ensures that all phones currently on the market will be able to run Mango when it is released later this year.

Last edited:

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
5 MP camera

Not sure on the Vid recording .. doubt its 1080p probably 720 ? I dont see the specs on the VZW site..

All I can say is.. WP7 is.. UNREAL.. smooth, fast.. and with beautiful typography.. Well.. plus Zune and XBL..

Now that I think about.. you came here to ask ? LOL ! Get it .. try it.. if you dont return it ?

Oh... you can really tell the difference between 5 and 8 MP camera on a phone ? If you want good photos.. use a DSLR :) Doubt a phone can hold anything on my EOS Mk II with an L lens .. and its what sheesh 6 years old or somthing and only 10 MP.

Last edited:

wreed

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Hah I know I came here to ask because I knew I could be pushed in the right direction haha. I have an SLR but not always carrying it around ;)

Thanks for the info on the camera and the recording, I could always go for a nokia or something else when I am upfor my actual contract.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Wp7 is such a refreshing UI, almost from the second I started to use it, I knew I wouldn't be going back to Android or IOS for some time to come.

Motorola's camera sensors are such crap, id take htcs over them any day of the week.

JAStark27

May 14, 2011
Visit site
This comparison isn't even close man. HTC Trophy all the way. The OS is better and smoother. The Droid X might have bigger screen but I have owned a Droid X and yeah its great for watching youtube videos and stuff but its not comfortable in the hand enless you have big hands. Nothing but problems and being frustrated with my X and if you like to root your droid x good luck cause really its pointless to do cant change certain things on it anyways. Def go with the Trophy hands down.

wreed

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks buddy it's great to hear from someone who had the phone already. I do have big hands but don't watch a ton of videos anyway...plus the damn thing gets so hot.

Quick question does the trophy get hot when you watch netflix or something? Anyone have My Ford Touch and try this OS with MS's car offering? Reason I ask is I just got it in my new Focus.

JAStark27

May 14, 2011
Visit site
every phone is gonna get a little hot after being on it for awhile cause the screen alone will heat the device up from being on for extended period of time. Any phone I have had heats up if im on it playing a game or surfing the web and havent put it down for 10mins lol which fair warning it will be very hard to put this phone down. I got a focus waiting for this to come out and I hardly ever put the thing down if its not playing some really cool games on it its something else im constantly doing something on it

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
As phones keep getting thinner, there's nowhere for the heat to go besides out the back plate, they'll all get hot.

I've had a droid x too, the trophy is better no question.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786