Have a few questions before I make the switch

ericreinhardt

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok just came back from verizon and I was checking out the new trophy. I have to say I like alot. I like so much im thinking of selling my verizon iphone to get. Before I do I had a few questions. First can I import all my itunes songs I purchased to the Trophy? Second can I use my msn email address on it I know it uses live etc but not sure about msn. Third question is hows the battery life. My iphone has great battery life. Also how is the music playback with headphones in. My last question is can I install more memory. All and all how to you rate the trophy and windows 7 phone. Thanks again in advance.

Eric

tsquare2112

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I am in the exact some situation, with the exception that I have yet to see or play with the actual phone. I messed around with my father-in-laws win7 phone on at&t at christmas time and fell in love with it.
I have already sold my iPhone. I am hoping to be able to drop by best buy Monday or Tuesday and grab one, or even the Verizon store and physically get one over ordering it on-line from Verizon.
I already downloaded zune software and imported all my itunes music into it. None of the videos came over as I did not expect them to..

Grubish360

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
1. If your songs aren't DRM'd then yes, you can.
2. You can use your MSN email
3. Battery life is alright. I can get a day out of it with some good use (music, apps, browsing, texts, ect)
4. Music playback is good with headphones. The speakers are actually pretty good too.
5. You can install more memory if you open the phone and void the warrenty. Not recommended, but there are ways to get past it.

ericreinhardt

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered online and can I download zune software

Well I just ordered on verizons website. With my discount I got it for 99 dollars. The only thing is they lack accessorys for it. They dont even have a screen protector. Does anyone know of a good place to get. Also could I download zune software now and than when my phone comes sync it.

tsquare2112

May 29, 2011
Visit site
You can download it now without having the phone. That is what I did, that way I could get all my music imported into it so I wont have to wait on it.

hardrock1a

May 21, 2011
Visit site
You can download it now without having the phone. That is what I did, that way I could get all my music imported into it so I wont have to wait on it.

I am a long time user of the Zune software and I have always avoided cRapple stuff, so I have never used, downloaded or anything with iTunes. So I was wondering, how do you think that they compare? And how difficult was the importing from iTunes music?

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I am a long time user of the Zune software and I have always avoided cRapple stuff, so I have never used, downloaded or anything with iTunes. So I was wondering, how do you think that they compare? And how difficult was the importing from iTunes music?

zune is 9000 times nicer than itunes, it runs smooth, doesn't look like you're staring at a database, the monitoring of folders instead of having to manually import things is awesome.

it's just a far nicer experience.

so long as you don't have drm, the import from itunes is smooth, as zune just monitors folders and adds anything that is compatible with it.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You can get the same screen protectors for the HTC Surround (AT&T) or HTC Arrive (Sprint), as the screen size is the same.

Or if you live close to a Microsoft Store (Microsoft Store Online) you can get a Trophy-branded one there.
Err, doesn't the Arrive have a 3.6" screen. Won't work that well with the 3.8" Surround or Trophy screen. I would also make sure the Trophy sensors are located in the same place as the Surround sensors, as the screen protector has cutouts around them, two top left and one top right.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)