Hows the battery life?

Mandos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am having a similar experience. I am hoping things will get better after draining and charging the phone a few times.

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express

kwit01

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps I'm an idiot?

I had ONE email account setup, a hotmail account associated with my Xbox Live account, that I don't even really use (i.e., no mail is really coming through it).

I noticed in the settings it was selected to pull every 30 minutes. I changed it to "as items arrive." Could that have been the cause even though it technically should have only been looking for updates 6 times in the 3 hours it's been off the charger?

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
A windows live account set to "as items arrive" should not kill your battery... I know MS was not using Active Sync for the longest time for hotmail but they do now and it should not effect battery unless your getting flogged with email. .. Same with gmail as they also use EAS protocol. Now "other" mail services not so much... and they can kill your battery.

You might remove the hotmail account and recreate it on the phone be sure to use the actual "hotmail" selection when creating it (i.e. dont use "other" )

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i've never worried about unplugging any of my phones after they reach 100% charge and it's never been an issue for me...

corn_chowder

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I noticed horrible battery life the first few days I got it, however now on my 3rd or 4th full cycle on the battery it appears to have improved significantly...

Just last night I was fully charged by 3pm, I tried my hardest to kill the battery (gamesemail,texting,internet, you name it) and couldn't get to 50% battery by midnight. I left the phone unplugged through the night and used it heavily this morning, plugging it in around noon.

That's a good 20+ hrs vs my usual 8 before I hit the red zone.

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Wow guys, I am really impressed with my battery life and I consider myself on the heavier end of normal usage. I have weatherbug set to update the live tile every 20 minutes, hotmail-as it arrives, gmail-as it arrives, and whatever facebook is set to by default. I use a RSS reader pretty often throughout the day was well as send and receive appx. 20-30 emails and texts throughout the day. I don't do much browsing, mainly because I use the RSS reader for most of the sites I would visit. I will probably play about 30-45 minutes of games (usually Full House Poker). I unplug my phone at 4am when I get up for work and plug it in again at about 9pm and on average I probably have at least 40% left on my battery. Coming from a Palm Pre Plus I was really impressed with the battery life on this phone. With my Pre I would have to plug in around 2pm while driving home from work because I would be at 10-20% battery left.

Maybe collectively we can figure out what is crushing the battery for some of you. I thought I was a pretty average user with an average setup, and like I said I am extremely happy with the battery life I am getting.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a question since reading some of the replies, I am feeling like something is up with my battery. I am still running NoDo, I have only 4 3rd party apps, Bible, weathermaster, dictionary, and IMDB.
I barely get through the day, sometimes I do not, on a full charge. What else does not seem right. I put the phone on the charge when I go to bed.
I never sleep through the night, so around 1 am the phone is fully charged. I pull it from the charger and put the phone back too sleep.
When I get up a few hours later, with zero use it is obvious the batter has run down some. I don't see that is being normal, what are your thoughts on what I should do? Thanks.

Umm Yeah

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I have a question since reading some of the replies, I am feeling like something is up with my battery. I am still running NoDo, I have only 4 3rd party apps, Bible, weathermaster, dictionary, and IMDB.
I barely get through the day, sometimes I do not, on a full charge. What else does not seem right. I put the phone on the charge when I go to bed.
I never sleep through the night, so around 1 am the phone is fully charged. I pull it from the charger and put the phone back too sleep.
When I get up a few hours later, with zero use it is obvious the batter has run down some. I don't see that is being normal, what are your thoughts on what I should do? Thanks.

Make sure you have WIFI turned off when you aren't using it. My wife forgot and left it on and it killed her battery life on her Trophy.

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
My WIFI and bluetooth are both off, I also made an adjustment to my email settings on frequency. I also tried to set my brightness to low, but I just could not see the screen.
I will see if the email adjusment helps things, thanks Umm.

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I thought I would ask this here instead of starting a new thread. Hopefully it gets noticed:

I am getting HORRIBLE battery life. I admit I have only had the phone for three days. It's been off the charger today for about 3 hours (took it off at 7:30, it's now 10:30) and it's gone through more than 50% (judging by the battery indicator). Yesterday, by 4 PM I was getting the red blinking light that it was crying for the charger.

I don't use the phone that much. Today for example has been ALL web browsing and download of 2 apps. Maybe 45 minutes top on usage? Half of that usage has been on Wifi. I have Weatherbug live tile and that's the only third party live tile.

Is this normal? I've tried Android phones that didn't die this fast (I've tried Thunderbolt and Droid 2). Have I not given the battery enough time to "condition" or whatever? Should I call Verizon and ask for a new phone or battery? I know the battery is only a 1300ma, but this seems ridiculous.

Exactly the same here..I too have used the thunderbolt for a short while (battery life was one of the reasons I got rid of it) and its about the same on my trophy. Which doesn't make sense because the thunderbolt has alot more going on data wise, its bigger, and has 7 home screens to power. After a full charge if I use my trophy for about an hour doin some light web browsing, fiddling with settings or looking at pictures from the camera roll, the battery's near 50%. By the end of the work day the red light is blinking. And that's just from occasionally checking email througout the day and maybe sending a text or two. I was also wondering if I should call Verizon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb