anyone else experiencing horrible battery life

ericreinhardt

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Well sold my iPhone to get the trophy. I know I wouldn't get the same battery lasting that I got with the iPhone but I'm lucky to get through a 1/4 of the day on a full charge. That's being a light user. Has anyone else had this problem. I mean I turned down brightness etc. Any ideas?

Khensu

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Well sold my iPhone to get the trophy. I know I wouldn't get the same battery lasting that I got with the iPhone but I'm lucky to get through a 1/4 of the day on a full charge. That's being a light user. Has anyone else had this problem. I mean I turned down brightness etc. Any ideas?

I don't use my phone a ton and I'm getting almost 2 days... I'm one of those people who likes to let my phone get down there before I plug it in.

Scout_313

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday I managed to get my phone down to about 25% battery life after browsing the internet for about 3 hours non-stop. However, if you're a light user, your battery life shouldn't be that poor. On days where I do light browsing and a little e-mail, I have no trouble whatsoever making it through the day on a single charge. Note: I don't have any live tiles and my e-mail checks for new messages every 30 minutes on 2 different accounts.

rion_j

May 28, 2011
Visit site
my battery life has been fine. i generally get about 15 hrs each day with moderate use that includes playing games, internet, viewing tweets, checking facebook, and listening to music now and then. here is my current set-up:

1) Wifi most of the day
2) 1 Email Account pulling every hr. (I have 2 other email accounts, but manually pull this data as I dont need instant email from these accounts)
3) Live People Tile
4) HTC Weather pulling every 1hr
5) Wp central app live tile
6) Mo tweets every 3 hrs.

Random of Amber

May 12, 2011
Visit site
My usage is roughly the same as rion, and I can make it all day without worries of it dying.

On my first full day, I purposely used it very heavily (mainly browsing marketplace, random IE and app use, and a bunch of texting). It wasn't until the end of the business day that I felt compelled to plug it in based on how the battery meter looked.

One of these days I'll run it all the way to the point that it shuts down on its own just to see how far I can truly go.

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I was able to make it 2.5 days on light use a couple of days ago. I actually wound up killing the battery on a long phone call though. Interesting there was no audible warning that the battery was that low, the phone just killed the call and shut down...

Anyway, i charged it all night, then used the phone very lightly the next day. Checked facebook a couple of times, and wrote a few text messages. It was at about 80% when I went to bed. Woke up this morning and it was at like 20%. I have no idea how it could have gone all day barely using 20% of the battery, then be on standby all night and use 60%.

There is likely a problem with the battery reporting?

Kitsune5tails

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have notices sluggish responce as if the phones OS is moving slower, and the battery life was about half day, then it warned me that it was out of power. I didn't do alot, I check a few things online, used the gps a little distance, and then played a game a little bit, other than that the phone was in my pocket, I charged it back up, had it with me about a few hours, used it on instant messanger about 15 minutes, and it's already droppect what looks like down to 75%

msft_tinkering

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I was able to make it 2.5 days on light use a couple of days ago. I actually wound up killing the battery on a long phone call though. Interesting there was no audible warning that the battery was that low, the phone just killed the call and shut down...

Anyway, i charged it all night, then used the phone very lightly the next day. Checked facebook a couple of times, and wrote a few text messages. It was at about 80% when I went to bed. Woke up this morning and it was at like 20%. I have no idea how it could have gone all day barely using 20% of the battery, then be on standby all night and use 60%.

There is likely a problem with the battery reporting?

The 80% to 20% could have to do with where you place your phone at night. If it's somewhere that the signal isn't as strong then you will burn through battery pretty fast. Same thing happens on the highway if the road your on has wide spacing on the cell towers as the phone eats up battery trying to maintain a connection to one weak tower and then another.

bc3tech

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I really have no complaints on the battery life. I don't have too many live tiles, two email accounts receiving "as items arrive" and am using the thing pretty heavily, mostly connected to WiFi tho. Am actually quite surprised at the battery life to be honeat

ericreinhardt

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi thanks. Im gonna call or go to verizon today and see if I can replace the battery. Alot of people are saying they get good battery life and alot are saying they dont. The ones that are getting good battery life do they have the same 1300 battery or another battery? I sold my iphone to get the trophy and I know the battery isnt going to be as good as the iphone but I figuired I would be able to get through the day with normal to above normal usage. I mean I can't even watch a full movie on my phone and when I do the back gets very hot. I was actually thinking of trading this in to get the xeperia play but i really really like windows 7 os. Im gonna try another battery and see what happens.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I'd chime in here and say that I'm pretty happy with the battery life. I've had my Trophy since Thursday. Over the weekend I used it heavily, lots of web browsing, app downloading, videos and some gaming as well. The battery would last me the whole day, but it would be close to dead at the end of the day.

Today's the first day that it's seen more "normal" usage. I unplugged at 8:30 this morning and now as of about 3:30 it's around 70% or so.

I'm not using any push email but I do have 2 accounts that check every 15 minutes. Wifi is always on. I have a few live tile apps as well.

Long story short, if you're only getting 1/4 of a day out of a full charge then I'd say something is definitely wrong.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Thed reports similar to what I see with the Focus. With general use .. which on a busy work day outside the office is pretty steady. I can unplug at 6am and make it to the charges at night around 10pm without running out of battery.

I dont do alot of gaming on a work day... and I have Yahoo mail at every 30 min and WLM as items arrive...

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
The 80% to 20% could have to do with where you place your phone at night. If it's somewhere that the signal isn't as strong then you will burn through battery pretty fast. Same thing happens on the highway if the road your on has wide spacing on the cell towers as the phone eats up battery trying to maintain a connection to one weak tower and then another.

This would make sense if the behavior was consistent. Its not. The phone sits in the same exact place every night. The other night I left it overnight w/out charging and when it had like 80% battery. The next morning the battery indicator had not moved at all. Also the phone worked fine all day w/out needing a charge.

Then yesterday (phone had been charged fully the previous night), I was on a phone call for about 45 mins, basically the only thing I did all day long on the phone (sent two texts and checked facebook once), and the battery was at 80%. This AM I get up and the phone was in the warning stage with the empty guage and blinking red light.

That is unacceptable, the phone sits in the same spot every night, and it really shouldnt be signal hunting if Verizon has the best coverage of them all. The ATT and Tmoblie phones I tested out didnt have this problem and they definately were signal hunting in my house.

kregstrong

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I get around 9 hrs, some texting, light calling, some feed reader and twitter and browsing. No WiFi.

Sent from my htc trophy using Board Express

EJNelly

May 12, 2011
Visit site
My battery has varied widely. From about 6 hours on heavy usage to about 13.5-17.5 hours on moderate usage. I'm not really sure what's going on, maybe it's just another crazy HTC battery issue.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
My battery has varied widely. From about 6 hours on heavy usage to about 13.5-17.5 hours on moderate usage. I'm not really sure what's going on, maybe it's just another crazy HTC battery issue.
That's about right. The Trophy is rated for 330 min (5? hours) talk time. Talk time is not much different than screen on with web or other data centric use, or processor intense gaming. So your heavy use = 6 hours is spot on. My Surround, with its less than stellar 240 minutes of TT, gives me about 4? hours.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

zreddog

May 23, 2011
Visit site
First day

OK, first day with the Trophy.
I charged it all night. unplugged about for an hour and then plugged into vehicle charger for trip to work (30 min playing music).

Since this is my fist day I have used about every feature the phone has. taking pictures downloading apps, surfing web, emailing, a few phone calls, playing games and music.

Showing it off to co-workers as well.

its been unplugged for just under 9 hrs and still has power.

However - About 30 min ago a little red light started flashing on it and the battery meter shows empty. I took another picture and applied an effect to it and started to email it. I got a message that the battery was critically low. sent picture and set it on the desk.

screen is off but light is still blinking.

I am hoping that the theory of cycling the battery makes it hold more juice is accurate. but in any case i know its good for about 9 hours of moderate use so it should be fine for me. an extended battery would probably make this a 2 or 3 day deal.

Chris

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac