Is it just me...

EJNelly

May 12, 2011
Visit site
...or does the battery on this phone seem really wonky?

My first full day with it I only got about 13.5 hours of battery. Which I expected given all the playing and app installing I was doing.

The next day I got about 17.5 hours out of it.

Yesterday I ran it 15 hours and stuck it on the charger with approx. 20% left.

Then today I had to charge it after about 11.5 hours. I didn't use it more today than I had previously. Unless the few seconds I ran the Mars Runner game, or the failed app downloads I had today used that much battery.

My settings are 2 email accounts set to receive mail as they come in. The HTC hub updates my weather every 3 hours. And I run 3g for about 9 hours.

P.S. If you set Internet Explorer to not allow cookies anytime you try to download or update an app you receive an error code c101a24b.

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I think the phone just reads or displays the % incorrectly. I've unplugged my phone from my living room when it was 100% and lit green. I walked to my bedroom and the battery % was at about 90% and it took a good 25 minutes to read 100% green again. Maybe this will be an easy fix with Mango.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
If that's medium to heavy use... that's awesome battery life. I'd take wonky with 11.5+ hours any day of the week compared to mine that can't get 8 hours on heavy use.

joecatskill

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Yeah mine lasts about 8 hours with moderately heavy use (Constant outlook exchange service pinging, podcast listening, blue tooth and wifi on all day and 4 other e-mail pushes). Overall I'm pretty happy and know I get better (MUCH) battery life with better coverage. I did just experienced two bouts of it locking up and haven't been able to pin down the why. Anyone else?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Just an FYI. I recently sideloaded a battery percent meter and checking it each time I pull it off overnight charge it has reported between 98-100%, even though the battery icon may not look full. Random checks during the day tell me that the icon does not represent actual battery percent all that accurately. Probably +/- 10%. Btw, low battery indicator blinks at 10% and warning message pops at 5%. Was wondering when those occurred.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

EJNelly

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Heavy usage I make it 6 hours. Most days I make it from about 4:30am to 10pm. That includes 2 hours of playing music, light web and email on 3g over a span of about 9 hours. Wordament and Alpha JAx on and off throughout the day, checking ESPN score center and IMDb throughout the day, usually a few short videos, light texting and maybe a couple calls, and more web and email over wifi. Occasionally some Fruit Ninja or a different game for a few minutes.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
That 6 hours of heavy use is about right. The Arrive is rated at 360 minutes talktime. Uptime (screen on/using data) is about the same as talktime.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

camaroguy

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I get wildly different experiences on a charge from day to day. I am convinced the device has no idea when its "fully" charged, and it reports this incorrectly at least 50% of the time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos