Weird volume bug.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I am having a bug where the volume will inadvertently go to 00 or 30 for no apparent reason when listening to music and surfing the web at the same time. Anyone else have this? It then sometimes not allow me to lower or raise the volume when this happens.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Are sure your not accidentally hitting the volume buttons. You can change the volume with the screen locked so turning off the screen or locking the phone won't keep this from happening.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Are sure your not accidentally hitting the volume buttons. You can change the volume with the screen locked so turning off the screen or locking the phone won't keep this from happening.

Thanks for the tip, but no definitely not hitting them. I tried rebooting the phone hopefully I won't run into this again.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
On further testing I cannot seem to reproduce it when headphones are not plugged in. It also looks like it will randomly launch speech commands, etc, when headphones are plugged in.

I'm going to try different headphones (these are junk) and see what results are.

Ruined

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I confirmed this is an issue with the junk headphones I was using. I checked some other forums and apparently if the headphones have loose ground wiring in the plug, the phone may think its a headset witb volume slider and/or mic. So, use good headphones :)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I am having a bug where the volume will inadvertently go to 00 or 30 for no apparent reason when listening to music and surfing the web at the same time. Anyone else have this? It then sometimes not allow me to lower or raise the volume when this happens.
I had the exact same issue almost from the day I got my Surround (launch day). Plugging anything into the 3.5mm jack, headphones, aux speaker cable, anything), especially while music was already playing, would send my down to 0. If I tried to move it back up with the volume key, it would fight me and move back down again. Also randomly, TellMe would popup when plugging in, asking me to confirm a voice command. One of my few WP7 embarrassing moments when trying to play music from my phone through aux speakers at a friends Christmas party.

I did a factory reset on my phone a couple months ago and since then the problem has completely vanished, along with an alarm bug I also had. Using same headphones and repeated connecting/disconnecting has no ill effects. So I would suggest trying a reset. Good chance it will clear up the issue for you.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo