fFocus screen time out has stopped working.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It just never turns off. At night, I can turn it off. Even pressing the lock screen just starts the lock screen, which never goes dark either. I have brightness set to auto, and for the screen to go to sleep after thirty seconds, but I have tred other settings too. This started yesterday, near as I recall.

Has anyone elese this? Reboot and battery pull noneffective.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed that sometimes the screen won't turn off after plugging it into the computer, but that's only happened a handful of times and is usually fixed by pressing the power button.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
No it's turning on and off properly, BUT, it's flashing the "plugged in" symbol as if it were plugged in and charging. It's not plugged in though. :/

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like hard reset time. Or worse case, a damaged mini USB port.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like my next step is to hard reset (argh, at least I had the forethought to make a spreadsheet of all my apps). The screen is working fine again, but like I said, it thinks it's charging all the time, and about every minute or so, that "you just plugged me in" sound goes off. I tried canned air in the USB port but alas.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Welp, I had to jump through some customer service hoops, but they are sending me a replacement. I am a little annoyed that it is a refurb though. I paid for a NEW phone, that turned out to be defective, why am I getting a refurb in it's place?

Also, if it turns out to be 1.4, It's going back.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Refurbed phones are usually just as good as new. Often they are brand new phones actually.

By the time you get the phone even if it is 1.4 it looks like the update should be out for it. Fingers crossed. Daniel just posted a review of Mango and I still do not have NoDo! That stings!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans