Can anyone recommend a good protective case?

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I dropped it yesterday. Was a soft drop, but it all happened so fast. I was with a friend of mine that has an iPhone with basically Iron Man's Mark V armor on it and he kept saying "that won't be the ♪ lassssssst tiiiiiiiiiiiime ♫". So now I'm a bit paranoid and would like to know what good options are out there. Bing and Google haven't been as useful as I'd hoped.

So does anyone out there have a good one that they can recommend?

GadgetTron

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I picked one up at the Microsoft Store yesterday. Went in there on my way to Verizon, saw that they had a Trophy Specific hard case, immediately bought it. It set me back $25 but im glad I got it! No bulk, same color as the phone (They had red as well, both colors in a Matte or Glossy finish) and it offers great access to all buttons, speakers, sensors.

Stopped by the Verizon store after picking it up, still no accessories...

zreddog

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Pictures?
I dont have a store by me and cant seam to find anything on line.
Thanks
Chris

EDIT: I found the amazon cases. they look correct but I heard there may be 2 different versions of the Trophy and am not sure these work on the US/Verizon phone.

Last edited:

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I picked one up at the Microsoft Store yesterday. Went in there on my way to Verizon, saw that they had a Trophy Specific hard case, immediately bought it. It set me back $25 but im glad I got it! No bulk, same color as the phone (They had red as well, both colors in a Matte or Glossy finish) and it offers great access to all buttons, speakers, sensors.

Stopped by the Verizon store after picking it up, still no accessories...

What's the brand for that? I went to the MS Store website and there's nothing there.

I've been reading good things about Otterbox cases, but there is not one forthe Trophy.

Mandos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
What's the brand for that? I went to the MS Store website and there's nothing there.

I've been reading good things about Otterbox cases, but there is not one forthe Trophy.

I picked up a case for $24.99 at the Microsoft Store where I live. It is a "Technocel Soft Touch Accent Shield". The packaging says it is for use with the Trophy. The MS rep pointed it out for me and even inserted my phone into it for me. He was impressed with the feel and how well it fit the Trophy, and was considering switching to a Trophy instead of his Venue Pro and Focus. This is probably the same case that GadgetTron picked up.

GadgetTron

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Its the Technocel case. MicrosoftStore.com doesnt appear to have it online, yet. They were very new to the stores so I would assume that they will show up online sometime soon. Like Mandos, my expearience was excellent. The employee offered to put it on for me, and even let me try the "test case" in the other color to make sure I was happy with my decision.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Its the Technocel case. MicrosoftStore.com doesnt appear to have it online, yet. They were very new to the stores so I would assume that they will show up online sometime soon. Like Mandos, my expearience was excellent. The employee offered to put it on for me, and even let me try the "test case" in the other color to make sure I was happy with my decision.

Does it seem as if it will take drop impacts well?

GadgetTron

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Does it seem as if it will take drop impacts well?

It provides excellent protection against immediate "were and tear" and while I have not (and will not intentionally, lol) tried the protection against drop impacts, it feels that it will provide really good protection. The phone fits snug, yet not overly tight. It will definitely not pop out upon impact, so no worries there. I've been happy with it!

Cyterio

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Case-Mate "Barely There" hard case and it is fantastic. It doesn't add any bulk to the phone, it has that same "soft touch" feel, just like the Trophy phone itself does. I've heard from some people that Case-Mate isn't selling the "Barely There" case anymore but I do believe they have others available for the Trophy. I bought mine on amazon, but I think Case-Mate sells directly from their website as well.

rion_j

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Case-Mate "Barely There" hard case and it is fantastic. It doesn't add any bulk to the phone, it has that same "soft touch" feel, just like the Trophy phone itself does. I've heard from some people that Case-Mate isn't selling the "Barely There" case anymore but I do believe they have others available for the Trophy. I bought mine on amazon, but I think Case-Mate sells directly from their website as well.

link? this case is no longer available for sale.

Ntropy99

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
case, how about holster?

I found a number of gel skins and covers for my trophy on Amazon, but now it won't fit in the holster that I have. I got a larger gel skin which makes it easier to hold, and relatively cheap. Unfortunately it also makes it longer, and so I have not found a holster that will work. Amazon does have one case and holster combo, but didn't like the look. Any suggestions?

AdamJP

Jun 28, 2011
www.adam-parton.com
I can vouch for the Case-mate Barely There case. I hardly take it off my Trophy and its solid in construction, all be it a little thin. Offers great protection.

To be honest it's probably the best non-leather based case out there for the phone.

georgeous123

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I have this case also it is brilliant and you literally can't tell its there. Its great as buttons become flush with the case so cant be pressed by accident aswell. look for casemate on google.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I bought two cases. An empire brand case off of Amazon (Amazon.com: EMPIRE Black Rubberized Hard Case Cover for HTC Trophy T8686: Cell Phones & Accessories). It's a solid case, soft/smooth backing, not too bad. Fits the Trophy well and provides all around protection.

I switched to the Barely There by Case-Mate (Amazon.com: Case-Mate Barely There Slim Case for HTC Trophy - Black: Electronics) too. And that's the one I keep on it.

But I will say, if you want protection from drops, etc, the Barely There really is Barely There. I don't think it would provide the same protection as the Empire case. And it leaves parts of the phone exposed that the Empire does not. Corners are protected with the BT, the sides are protected, but the top and bottom are mostly exposed.

But that's the type of protection I'm looking for. It will depend on what you're looking for.

The Barely There leaves your phone at pretty much the original size, but with minor protection.

The Empire bulks the phone up a bit (not bad) but provides better protection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb