Blown Speaker

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Its sounding like I have blown my speaker on my second Arrive. I never use that speaker really I use a Bluetooth for calls and music its only used when my phone rings and maybe a speaker phone call once or twice a week so what gives. Bad luck or are these speakers defective? Is anyone else blowing speakers?

TIA,
Dave

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I assume you have tried a soft reset. Seems like al (or at least many) HTC devices have some bugs that mute the speaker in certain instances. A soft reset usually brings back the sound. And a hrd reset resolved the issues , at least it did for me.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Its not a no sound issue its a speaker sounds like crap at high volume issue cracking blurred sound like a blown stereo speaker. Blew this morning just went from sounding fine last night to sounding bad this morning its odd now that you mention that both times the first time I noticed it was when using the on screen keyboard the screen tap sounds just started sounding cracked.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Very odd. I always felt like the high volume was pushing the limits and it was on the verge of blowing so I try not to have too high. Knock on wood.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My back speaker has been great, and still is great. Even maxxed out. However, my earpiece speaker seems to crackle a lot.

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Just got back from Sprint with my repaired Arrive my Arrivenstine if you will or would that be a Frankensprint... o_O well its fixed any ways they just replaced the speaker. I tried a factory reset before I took it in so now I am setting everything back up.

One thought if I hold my finger over the three holes all the sound goes away I was thinking this restricts the air flow to the speakers correct? I am wondering if the leather carry pouch I am using could be restricting the airflow and some how weakening the speaker till it finally just blows? Thoughts?

Dave Blake

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Here is whats I think is going on with this speaker issue. If I use the on screen keyboard the click sounds some times get really loud. Some times they are fine other time not. I think this is what is causing the speakers to blow. Has any one else noticed a difference in the click sounds when using the on screen keyboard or when auto spell correct changes a word?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077