Factory reset in my future? (Samsung Focus 1.3)

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
A few apps no longer launch (moTweets & I Dig It) and new apps that have a Live Tile refuse to work. Apps I had installed prior to getting NoDo appear to work just fine (Weather.com and all the MS provided ones).

Anyone seeing apps not working or Live Tiles that never "activate"? If so, did a factory reset help you?

Samsung Focus rev 1.3
Firmware: 2103.11.3.3
Hardware: 3.1.0.7

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
i never had that problem really ,

if its always crashing . id try to re-instal specific apps ( that dont work ) if not id do a hard reset...

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yep, there's a issue with live tiles. A member name Jim did some research on the issue. If you don't have a dev unlocked phone, and you want push to function correctly, yes a hard reset is in your future. I was having the same problem with an app called "Feed Me".
A few apps no longer launch (moTweets & I Dig It) and new apps that have a Live Tile refuse to work. Apps I had installed prior to getting NoDo appear to work just fine (Weather.com and all the MS provided ones).

Anyone seeing apps not working or Live Tiles that never "activate"? If so, did a factory reset help you?

Samsung Focus rev 1.3
Firmware: 2103.11.3.3
Hardware: 3.1.0.7
Can we get Jim's post on the endpoint debacle as a sticky?

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
Thanks 1jaxstate1, that confirmation does give me some peace of mind. The chances of my phone working properly are higher and I won't be wasting my time with a reset.

zeke009

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
My conference call is a little boring so I decided to reset my phone... hopefully this resolves my outstanding issues. I'll reply back for those interested.

**UPDATE**
Reset was quick and everything works PERFECTLY! Sad it takes a reset to get here, but it worked and gave me a reason to ditch some apps I hadn't used in month.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb