Sharp edges, speaker audio, various other questions

altoids2011

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I read that the edges on the side of the front glass were sharp. Are they? Even the slightest rough edge will annoy me so yeah would be good to know. Also, how good is the loud speaker, for ringtones and speakerphone? I'm getting sick of these very bad loudspeakers on my last three Samsung smartphones, pining for the days of Nokia stereo speakers on chunky bar phones. Doesn't need to be loud, just has to sound very good and not hurt my ears when it rings, like the way my Infuse does right now.

Kibosh

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
No sharp edges to be found on my Mozart? Where did you read that? I still find it the best looking WP7 phone.

About the speaker, I don't know because I don't have anything to compare it with. For me it's ok, but you better can check it out in a shop for yourself. If it's to loud, you can turn down the volume.

Only issue I have with the Mozart is the easy to access power button. When you carry it in your pocket the phone can turn itself off. This issue is gonna be fixed with the Mango update but untill then it can be annoying.

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Now does this look sharp to you? :p
image1.jpg

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Have to say, on my Mozart yes a couple of the edges of the aluminium are sharp where there's a small gap (designed - not loose fit) between it and the front glass. It will vary from handset to handset as it's basically how well the other components fit in, and there's always going to be a little bit of variation within design tolerances from mass produced components. I have a very slight edge at the bottom of my screen below the capacitive buttons (barely noticeable) and a bit of an edge along top at the back where the plastic camera/speaker/power button are. It's all of 1/2 a mm or so, but it is there.

In practice though, I honestly don't notice and the general fit and finish are excellent. If it bothers you. just ask to see the handset you'd buy before walking out of the store.

Loudspeaker is plenty loud - I never have mine over 2/3rds of the way up and can hear the phone ringing upstairs.

hailong

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Report: HTC Mozart's price is becoming higher in China!

what a bad news..... I was already to have my first WP7 before I knew that It was about $60 higher ... 气死我了(I am so angry)!... Anyway, watching for mango!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb