Samsung Focus Headset doesn't work

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Focus that, when I plug in the headphones that came with the device, as well as any other item (adaptor cable, other headphones, speakers, etc.) into the headset jack I have problems. I have to be extremely, extremely careful to have the headset jack in just the right depth, not too far or anything else, or they won't work. Even when they are in the (very touchy) right position, the buttons on the headphones do absolutely nothing to control the phone.

Is this a known issues with the phone or is there a specific problem with mine.

Please note, it is not a refurb, but a brand-new phone, I got it back in the beginning of May.

Please don't tell me to get bluetooth headsets, I do not like them and have no interest in them.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
you may have a bad headphone jack there haver been a few reportssimilar with yours. The treo line of converged devices had a particlar problem all along its history the headjack sometimes would become unsoldered. At times it would stick in open position and act as if the jack was in when it was not if its a soldering issue then you have to be careful and your best advised not to attempt it yourself. If its a jack issue you can try to jimmy the jack with your head;phbones and maybe it will start working like its supposed to. I must admit I havent used my headphones yet and I didnt use the headphones with my tro pro 760 650 or 500, nor did I use them on my tilt2 or pure.

Danielpena

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem the headset is just not working properly. Would this be something that is covered under some kind of warranty?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo